Sign in to follow this  
norman s

IFly 744 Service Pack

Guys,

IFLy have released the Service Pack 1 for the 744 for both FSX and FSX-SE today.

Full details on the IFLY website.

Link to the news is at the following link - http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13886&title=744v2-service-pack-1-released

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the heads up. Can anyone report on performance improvements? This was one of only two add-on's (FSX) that I ever requested a refund for as it didn't perform well on my system at all. If there are any improvements I'd consider it again.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Thanks for the heads up. Can anyone report on performance improvements? This was one of only two add-on's (FSX) that I ever requested a refund for as it didn't perform well on my system at all. If there are any improvements I'd consider it again.

Cheers,

Pete

No improvement here whatsoever.Quite the opposite.Others are reporting bad performance on the ifly forums as well.

No improvement here whatsoever.Quite the opposite.Others are reporting bad performance on the ifly forums as well.

Thanks for this. The forums are inaccessible until you've purchased the product; makes it difficult for those of us on the fence to make a decision.

Hans Soule

In my experiences, performance is not the same for everyone.  It all depends on computer systems, whether overclocked, whether you have an anti-virus program scanning in the background, what addons are running during the flight session with the iFly 744, and then the various settings and tweaks.  Tweaks have a major impact on performance.  I think we are talking apples and oranges here as there is quite a difference between users and what does not work for one does not mean it won't work for others.   The good thing about Flight1 is the fact you can ask for a refund if the product does not perform well on YOUR system or you are otherwise dissatisfied.

When you read good and bad posts about a product, you have to understand a person who does not have great performance or the sim crashes when running the product, may not have FSX or their system properly configured.  I would rather see a performance review by everyone that MAY provide some valuable facts and information.  AVSIM use to have a program running like this in the Hardware Forums where everyone would install a benchmark program, have the same FSX settings, and load the same scenery and aircraft (in this case the 744) and that would give everyone a better idea as to whether the program will work on their computer.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for this. The forums are inaccessible until you've purchased the product; makes it difficult for those of us on the fence to make a decision.

I purchased it and I still cant get in the forums. Their registration system is broken for sending you activation emails for the forums. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I don't have this add-on  ( on FSX:SE here ), but I know that even using FSX:SE with Aerowinx PSX requires me to relax a lot of eye candy features of my sim.

If I am up to an airline flight experience what really matters to me are not cars on roads, boats in the seas... I even turn OFF autogen and use only the default terrain that ORBX FTX Global paints so perfectly...

Even using a  weather injector can sometimes slow down our sims a lot, namely those who, just like me, are still running on an old i5 2500.

Anyway, I am keeping an eye on this add-on, because the PMDG offer may still take it's time to be released :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I miss fs9 sometimes... I do miss :-)

And we simmers repeat, endlessly, the old story of the "Golden eggs chicken"....

We sometimes want it all, mesh, detailed scenery and clouds, weather injection, AES, AI traffic, ATC robot...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There is information on this topic...

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12513

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I got the fsx version. Its bit heavy but using fsx steam edition its finally impressive enough for me to fly it.

I did a quick test flight around flytampa dubai and UK2000 Heathrow V3. Its very fun to fly.

I do miss the 777 electronic checklist though ... hehe spoiled by technology.

Bilal Asif Khan