Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

P3D v3 Ultimate traffic 2 smartassembly error

World of AI packages can be used in UT2, so they are not mutually exclusive.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

But i have all my repaints will they work why are the lights on all the time and why do they not illuminate the ground in woai p3d v3

Alexander Shepherd

I don't actually use World of AI packages anymore, so I do not know.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorted it now thanks deleted the exe.xml.

More details please.  So all you did was delete the exe.xml from the main P3D folder and that was it?  No other issues or anything like that?

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

So is there a way to install UT2 into P3D V3 without using a migration tool, AND without having any previous version of P3D installed?

So is there a way to install UT2 into P3D V3 without using a migration tool, AND without having any previous version of P3D installed?

Angelo,

Read this thread. Post 26 will explaind how to setup dummy FSX. It is linked to an EZdok thread, but the process is identical. Post 14 will explain the configuration entries. Rick uses EMT. Ignore that part. However his explanation of config entries is excellent:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/476366-ut2-for-v3/page-2

It seems terribly cumbersome and does take a bit of time; but it's not as bad as it looks. Once you setup the dummy FSX and make the necessary entries in the configuration files; UT2 will live happily ever after. You will find that you can install other 'FSX only' addons as well.

Best of luck.

• Upvote 1

Do I have to setup a dummy FSX if FSX was my main sim before and is still currently installed?

Thank you very much Graham by the way!

Angelo,

What was on your PC before is irrelevant. Ultimate Traffic 2 only needs to think that FSX is on your PC for you to start the process of installing it into P3D v3, and that is the reason for the "dummy" FSX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Right but UT2 is installed IN FSX right now. So do I run the FSX Installer again then since obviously my FSX folders and paths are still existent.

Ah, I see. Unfortunately I can't help you with that one, as I have never had two versions of FS installed at the same time.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Right but UT2 is installed IN FSX right now. So do I run the FSX Installer again then since obviously my FSX folders and paths are still existent.

Angelo,

If you have fsx installed, your registry will show the current location of fsx. You have to fool ut2 into thinking fsx is located in your p3d folder. Also, you have to fool ut2 into thinking you have a functional FSX.cfg containing SimObject entries, even though the functional entries will exist in other P3D files.

I'm not sure how to do that if FSX is still installed. There are probably better minds than mine that can help you with that. If you plan to keep FSX, I would suggest you explore using the Estonia Migration Tool.