Sign in to follow this  
GamerNurd

Skymaxx pro v3 high memory usage

Just purchased skymaxx pro v3 and was going to make a flight from Dublin to Arlanda, and when i was getting over England my fps get low, the fps is 0.8 - 1 fps. The RAM usage is very high, taskmanager shows 95%. Didn't have the problem when i was using v2. Someone with similar issues or have an answer to my problem.

Thanks in advance

What scenery are you using in England? If you're using GB-Pro then it will require quite a lot of RAM. I have had similar problems in the past which have been resolved by forcing a scenery reload (and not caused by Skymaxx Pro).

Have you tried turning your skymaxx settings down? They render more clouds at the same settings than V2 so even if you have the same settings, you computer is rendering more clouds.

Also as Tony said, if you are using photo scenery, mesh or extended DSF, these will exacerbate the problem also.

Iam using HD mesh scenery v3 and w2xp_europe and osm_europe. The funny thing is that when I was flying from Arlanda to Dublin I didn't have this issue, and I was flying over England as well.

These are my settings btw

a330_1.png

a330_2.png

I think it's clear from your screenshot that at 295MB available while only on the ground it won't take much to push your GPU over the edge.

Founder of X-Aviation

But how can I make room for more RAM? Is it a memory leak somewhere? I haven't change much in setting, just lowered number of objects and number of roads and installed skymaxx pro v3.

My system specs if it helps

I7-2600K OC to 4.4

GTX 770 4GB

Hyper Beast 16GB RAM

But how can I make room for more RAM?

Hyper Beast 16GB RAM

Cameron was talking about VRAM. What is your monitor resolution, or you could reduce world distance a bit. Do you only have 2 GB VRAM in your 770?

Iam using HD mesh scenery v3 and w2xp_europe and osm_europe.

On a 2GB video card? Well, there's your problem. Heck, even 16GB of system RAM is barely enough with all of that hi-res scenery.

It's not a memory leak (I spent the whole morning confirming Skymaxx Pro does not leak memory). I promise you it's the scenery that's consuming the vast majority of your memory, not SkyMaxx Pro. You're going to have to make some compromises on what you have installed - even a 64-bit flight sim with 16GB of system memory has its limits.

Just purchased skymaxx pro v3 and was going to make a flight from Dublin to Arlanda, and when i was getting over England my fps get low, the fps is 0.8 - 1 fps. The RAM usage is very high, taskmanager shows 95%. Didn't have the problem when i was using v2. Someone with similar issues or have an answer to my problem.

Thanks in advance

You need to reboot your computer...and that will usually sort it all out.

Cameron was talking about VRAM. What is your monitor resolution, or you could reduce world distance a bit. Do you only have 2 GB VRAM in your 770?

I have 4GB of VRAM.

My monitor resolution is 1980x1080 and it has worked fine until now.

I did reboot my computer and the problem is still there.

I will try to reduce my world detail distance one notch and try again.

Once again I haven't changed anything other than lowered number of objects and number of roads.

I have 4GB of VRAM.

I did reboot my computer and the problem is still there.

I will try to reduce my world detail distance one notch and try again.

Once again I haven't changed anything other than lowered number of objects and number of roads.

try lowering the amount of aa and as. i heard just lowering it down by one notch can give increased performance while maintaining pretty good graphics.

i have the exact card, don't go above 2xx for AA..... That's your problem.... This is why I am getting a 980ti! ha as I keep telling myself ;-)

try lowering the amount of aa and as. i heard just lowering it down by one notch can give increased performance while maintaining pretty good graphics.

Will try that. But how can I just have approx 300mb free vram left when Iam sitting on the ground and I was able to make a flight to Dublin. It was a flight that was around 2.5 hours and now I cannot make it 20-30 minutes =/

I have 4GB of VRAM.

Hmm, Interesting. Your settings are in fact lower than mine, but why does SkyMaxx Pro V3 report only less than 300 MB available. Your report clearly indicates swapping.

But you shouldn't really have osm europe and w2xp europe active at ther same time. I would always deactivate one of them to simplify the handling. Since they are both based on the same data, it doesn't give you any advantages, but x-plane can't know this, so it prepares both. Simply go into your scenery_packs.ini file and set the osm europe to SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED...