Sign in to follow this  
JYW

F1 GTN750 in Orbx Lancair IV-P

After many hours of frustration I managed to get the GTN750 perfectly integrated into the Orbx Lancair IV-P.   This is not a straightforward integration as Orbx use an unusual system to remove the modelling from the standard radios / RXPs, that uses a gauge to remove the modelling in real time in the sim.

To add to the complications, I discovered that FS Panel Studio was wrongly changing ident numbers whenever the Lancair was opened in it, disabling some vital gauges for the engine management system. So had to start again and proceed manually, without FS Panel Studio! ...... but got there in the end.

All works perfectly, VC integration as well as the pop up, etc..... and it interfaces perfectly with the Lancair's Sandel HSI. :smile:

Click on the image to see it full size

gtn_in11.jpg

The Orbx Lancair is like a whole new aircraft with the GTN in it.  Really fantastic. 

If anyone uses this aircraft and would like the Panel.cfg for this, drop me a PM.  

This is solely for P3D as it's using the Flight 1 Tech P3D version of the GTN750.   (May work for FSX too if you own the FSX GTN750, but you'd probably need to edit gauge references).

Although I am using a custom autopilot in the above image (Meggitt 2100 available from the AVSIM File Library), the version of this mod that I will share with anyone interested uses the standard Orbx Lancair STEC-55X. 

NB.  Orbx have no issue with use of the Lancair IV-P in P3D.

Thanks for looking.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just wondering if you've done stuff like this with Carenado planes

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

What about NAV/COMM2 - could something fit in that blank space?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How do we install the Lancair into P3Dv3 ? Its not even V2 compatible ?

i am really interested so i will sent you a pm

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just wondering if you've done stuff like this with Carenado planes

With the newer Carenado planes, it's virtually impossible due to the 3D modelling.  I've done basic gauge replacements on some of the older Carenado planes, but most available '2D' gauge space is only big enough for the RXP 530 (which as I'm now on P3Dv3 full time is no longer an option).

I don't think from memory I've managed to squeeze the GTN750 into any Carenado planes that are not already designed for it.

Very nice, so getting the Lancair into P3D is not problem?

Cheers

Martin

I used the EMT Migration Tool to install the Lancair into P3Dv3, with no issues and full functionality including custom sound gauges, etc.   The stock Orbx GNS430s worked fine, but obviously the RXP option is a no go in P3Dv3.

I'm afraid I can't comment on getting the Lancair into P3Dv3 without using the Migration Tool.

I understand the Lancair is on Orbx's list for a full P3Dv3 installer, but as an older product, I'm not sure that will be available any time too soon.

What about NAV/COMM2 - could something fit in that blank space?

Yes most certainly Ryan.  The 'blank plate' you see in the screenshot is a home-made 'gauge' I put in there, probably temporarily until I find a suitable option for a COM/NAV2, that could fit in that (quite small) gap.   

I've included the blank plate gauge in the ZIP that I've put together and sent by PM to the people that have requested it so far.     So it comes with the blank plate, but that can be easily replaced in the Panel.cfg

- just don't load this aircraft into FS Panel Studio!   :smile:

How do we install the Lancair into P3Dv3 ? Its not even V2 compatible ?

i am really interested so i will sent you a pm

Thanks

Michael Moe

PM responded to.

Bill

Ryan, here's the Lancair with the default P3D KingAir COM2/NAV2 in place. There are better options but obviously they belong to other payware models...... so I chose the default King COM2/NAV2 radios, so that this GTN750 mod does not require users to also have other add-ons installed.

211.jpg

Bill

NB......I've just confirmed that this GTN750 mod for the Lancair works perfectly in FSX too.   I'll post a seperate thread in the FSX section, offering it to anyone interested who uses FSX.

Bill

I don't have EMT so I think I'll just wait for the Legacy from realair

At one time I recall Russ from orbx mentioning a P3D native WIP of their lancair - not sure if that's still happening

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Seems to be working great Thanks  :wink:  :smile:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Guys, I'm continuing some other small modifications and improvements to the Lancair.  As all are compitible with the plane as installed into P3D or FSX, I think it'll be easiest just to detail them in the FSX thread (with the aircraft being FSX native at this time).

Here's the link to that thread for anyone interested:-

http://www.avsim.com/topic/477682-gtn750-integration-into-orbx-lancair-fsx/

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill

Sent you a PM for your latest files. Can you supply both for FSX and P3D v3

Very nice, it looks so smart in the Lancair cockpit. I look forward to your fix / update

Regards

If he doesn't respond I think o have the files somewhere - I just updated mine to P3D v3 too! Forgot about his mod!

edit:  can't find them - Bill I'll pm you too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

PMs responded to.

The same mod works equally with FSX and P3D3, as the GTN gauge names are thankfully the same.

Bill

Not sure if you saw my message - the link is broken at least for me - says the file was moved or deleted

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |