Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

The European airport sceneries you don't want to miss

UK2000 scenery can actually be installed directly to v3 just by specifying the directory paths during installation, which is a nice refreshing change of pace for legacy airports. :)

-Jim

Ah, didn't realise that - I think I used the EMT when installing into P3D2 and still have my 2.5 install kicking around so pointed the scenery library at that in v3.

Also his free versions are good, and a nice step up from default airports.

Are there any issues with Aerosoft EFHK in v3.0? I heard about runway lighting issues?

Thanks a lot for your input so far guys!

Many of the airports that have been suggested are airports I already own but some of them are new to me so will check them out. I actually took advantage of the 25% discount over at Aerosoft yesterday and bought 4 new airports...Svalbard, Rome, Split and La Palma. Looking forward to try them out!

Then someone mentioned the upcoming Arlanda scenery from Orbx and for those of you who know me I think it goes without saying I'll get that one on day 1  :wink: I've actaully had the chance to peak just a bit behind the scenes what's coming and without being allowed to reveal any details let me assure you we're in for a treat and something that will be very far away from the old Aerosoft Arlanda scenery we're used to...

Are there any issues with Aerosoft EFHK in v3.0? I heard about runway lighting issues?

Haven't upgraded to P3DV3 yet so wouldn't know and actually I'm not even sure about P3Dv2.5 when it comes to night lighting since I do most of my flying during daytime.

Speaking about Aerosoft EFHK I personally think that is one of the best sceneries out there. Can't really put my finger on it but I think it's most about the overall atmosphere that makes me feel I'm actually there. For anyone flying in the nordic regions that scenery comes highly recommended if you ask me!

- Taxi2Gate Istanbul - amazing scenery, just get it! Great performance too.

Noticed there's a deal over at simMarket which seems very good to me!

The way I understood it you can get 2 Taxi2Gate airport sceneries for EUR 25 instead of paying EUR 30 for a single product for instance Istanbul. Now that's what I call a good deal!!

Edited to add I was a bit fast...the deal is if you buy two products from Taxi2Gate on the same order you'll get each for EUR 25. Interesting how one single word can make all the difference...

Edited by WebMaximus

Richard Åsberg

Thanks a lot for your input so far guys!

Many of the airports that have been suggested are airports I already own but some of them are new to me so will check them out. I actually took advantage of the 25% discount over at Aerosoft yesterday and bought 4 new airports...Svalbard, Rome, Split and La Palma. Looking forward to try them out!

Then someone mentioned the upcoming Arlanda scenery from Orbx and for those of you who know me I think it goes without saying I'll get that one on day 1  :wink: I've actaully had the chance to peak just a bit behind the scenes what's coming and without being allowed to reveal any details let me assure you we're in for a treat and something that will be very far away from the old Aerosoft Arlanda scenery we're used to...

Haven't upgraded to P3DV3 yet so wouldn't know and actually I'm not even sure about P3Dv2.5 when it comes to night lighting since I do most of my flying during daytime.

Speaking about Aerosoft EFHK I personally think that is one of the best sceneries out there. Can't really put my finger on it but I think it's most about the overall atmosphere that makes me feel I'm actually there. For anyone flying in the nordic regions that scenery comes highly recommended if you ask me!

Noticed there's a deal over at simMarket which seems very good to me!

The way I understood it you can get 2 Taxi2Gate airport sceneries for EUR 25 instead of paying EUR 30 for a single product for instance Istanbul. Now that's what I call a good deal!!

T2G does some pretty decent looking airports, but they can be harsh on frame rates.  The other issue I have with them is their support, which currently is sorely lacking.  Someone here at AVSIM has been playing hell trying to get support from them, as they are piggybacking off another flight sim forum.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

T2G does some pretty decent looking airports, but they can be harsh on frame rates. 

Sorry, but this is just not true. Taxi2Gate KSEA has phenomenal performance for that area. LTBA and MMMX are also great performance wise. The support could be better but if anything then the T2G sceneries have great performance. Much better than for example FlyTampa scenery...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Sorry, but this is just not true. Taxi2Gate KSEA has phenomenal performance for that area. LTBA and MMMX are also great performance wise. The support could be better but if anything then the T2G sceneries have great performance. Much better than for example FlyTampa scenery...

That's a matter of opinion.  I could say that Flytampa has phenomenal scenery that works extremely well in comparison to T2G...all a matter of individual experiences.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

That's a matter of opinion.  I could say that Flytampa has phenomenal scenery that works extremely well in comparison to T2G...all a matter of individual experiences.

-Jim

That's certainly true. And in order to evaluate your opinion it would be helpful if you could state which T2G scenery you own which has bad performance on your system. General statements like "T2G does some pretty decent looking airports, but they can be harsh on frame rates." sound a lot like you don't own any of their scenery and you just write what you have read somewhere on the net.

I own all three products I mentioned and they all have very good performance on my system. And I also own heaps of other airport sceneries from the big developers such as Aerosoft, Flightbeam, FSDT, FlyTampa, Drzwiecki, ... Relative to those developers T2G is definitely up there with the best when it comes to performance...

But now back on topic. I would recommend:

T2G Istanbul

Aerosoft Rome

Aerosoft Mallorca X Evolution

LH Simulations Budapest

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

T2G does some pretty decent looking airports, but they can be harsh on frame rates.  The other issue I have with them is their support, which currently is sorely lacking.  Someone here at AVSIM has been playing hell trying to get support from them, as they are piggybacking off another flight sim forum.

-Jim

Good to know, thanks for the HU.

Haven't any personal experience with Taxi2Gate myself up to this point.

That's certainly true. And in order to evaluate your opinion it would be helpful if you could state which T2G scenery you own which has bad performance on your system. General statements like "T2G does some pretty decent looking airports, but they can be harsh on frame rates." sound a lot like you don't own any of their scenery and you just write what you have read somewhere on the net.

I own all three products I mentioned and they all have very good performance on my system. And I also own heaps of other airport sceneries from the big developers such as Aerosoft, Flightbeam, FSDT, FlyTampa, Drzwiecki, ... Relative to those developers T2G is definitely up there with the best when it comes to performance...

But now back on topic. I would recommend:

T2G Istanbul

Aerosoft Rome

Aerosoft Mallorca X Evolution

LH Simulations Budapest

Maybe I'll try out Istanbul to give Taxi2Gate a fair chance since I never tried any of their products. Thanks for the tip about Budapest. I remember I considered that one before but for some reason never bought it but will have a second look on that one. As for Rome and Mallorca I already have both of them but haven't tried Rome out yet since I bought it yesterday.

A follow-up question on LH Simulation Budapest, can you confirm it's fully P3Dv2.5 compatible? Reason I ask is I noticed how the product page only says P3Dv2.0.

Richard Åsberg

A follow-up question on LH Simulation Budapest, can you confirm it's fully P3Dv2.5 compatible? Reason I ask is I noticed how the product page only says P3Dv2.0.

I have it installed into Prepar3d v2.5 and it works perfectly. It just doesn't work in Prepar3d v3 yet. But they said that they will provide an update...

Istanbul  Taxi2Gate is right up there, its great in every way. 

Love Taxi2Gate airports. I find them very easy on FPS.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

That's my experience as well with Doha and Hong Kong. I miss them both in V3

I have it installed into Prepar3d v2.5 and it works perfectly. It just doesn't work in Prepar3d v3 yet. But they said that they will provide an update...

Cool, sounds good.

Yeah, looks like many like them so I'm sure I'll give it a go one day or the other.

Richard Åsberg

LFBO Toulouse in France, which includes the whole Airbus Factory is really great with very good Fps in P3D. (Aerosoft)

Sorry I don't remember if the installer is P3D 2.5 native, but it was not a problem.

A must have, Freeware, but quality above many payware productions is LFST Strasbourg from "Jp67". Incredible detail level, I think he spend around 3 years of hard work. And it's available here on Avsim library: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=183073

and the 1.1 update: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=183710

Hi

I would like to get a few more a/ps in France: the Aerosoft LFBO Toulouse - do you know if the runway lights work in P3Dv2x? I have a good number of the Aerosoft a/p's installed in P3Dv2.5 (and v3 as well) - Nice, German Regional, German VFR and others - and they look great in daylight, but runway lights do not work.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

That's my experience as well with Doha and Hong Kong. I miss them both in V3

Do you have the Istanbul scenery as well?

Would be nice to know how the Doha and Istanbul sceneries compare.

Hi

I would like to get a few more a/ps in France: the Aerosoft LFBO Toulouse - do you know if the runway lights work in P3Dv2x? I have a good number of the Aerosoft a/p's installed in P3Dv2.5 (and v3 as well) - Nice, German Regional, German VFR and others - and they look great in daylight, but runway lights do not work.

Yeah I fully agree. I would love new and modern versions of CDG and Nice to mention two French airports.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised a huge airport such as CDG hasn't gotten more attention lately from the airport scenery developers considering it's one of the biggest airports in Europe. Nice is also a truly beautiful destination so would be really nice to see a new and fresh version of that one too!

Richard Åsberg

Hi

Unfortunately I uninstalled v2.5 recently and only use v3 now, so I can't check that, sorry. I will check in v3.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites