Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

FSDT KDFW/KORD poor performance in P3Dv3

Is anyone else experiencing poor performance of these two sceneries? In both, I'm experiencing frame rates in the mid teens while performance in other high density airports like Aerosoft Heathrow or fly Tampa Toronto are in the mid to upper 20's. My rig is a new build. I7-6700K, 16 GB DD4/3000, GTX 970.

NAX669.png

Is anyone else experiencing poor performance of these two sceneries? In both, I'm experiencing frame rates in the mid teens while performance in other high density airports like Aerosoft Heathrow or fly Tampa Toronto are in the mid to upper 20's. My rig is a new build. I7-6700K, 16 GB DD4/3000, GTX 970.

I just did a PMDG 737 NGX flight from KDFW to KORD yesterday with frames locked at 30 FPS and it stayed there the entire time with 4k Textures on and Extreme Scenery Complexity, Very Dense Autogen and max Airport Vehicles turned on.  Best performance I've ever had actually.  I use to have to optimize the textures down to 1k for both airports but in V3.0 for some reason it's like night and day for me.   Now if I turn on AI airplane traffic then things go to pots quick but flying solo or on VatSim, I get great performance.

I have an i7 3930k @ 4.6ghz w a GTX 980 and 32 gigs of RAM.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Is FSDT KORD updated with all new runways (10R e.g.) and ok for P3Dv3 also?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Both working very well for me in P3D V3 ... do you have the latest versions from FSDT?  Suggest you re-download latest add-on manager and latest versions for those airports, uninstall old and re-install new.

Cheers, Rob.

Is FSDT KORD updated with all new runways (10R e.g.) and ok for P3Dv3 also?

Nope. 

I just seen on the forum .... runways not updated .... and KORD is due for update but other older airports (KLAS e.g.) are ahead of it ... and FSDT only working on New prodjects now .. not updating anything at the moment ... as far as I read.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW