Sign in to follow this  
dental12

returning user question

Hi Guys

I have a question about flows. I fly mostly the ifly 737ng 800 and have hardware including an mcp, fmc, and overhead panel. I prefer to "flip" the switches and turn the knobs myself, but would like the flows and checklists to be called out so I don't need to use paper checklists. Can this happen with MCE.

thx Lee

Hello Lee,

That's a novel question. You would like to use the MCE first officer as an aid de memoir. But not for him to select the switch positions?

What I would do is, in the Vox Script flows, simply edit all the commands to "notify" commands. That way you will hear your first officer speaking the flows, but without any switching.

You can add pauses between the "notify" statements, to allow more time for you to select the switch.

You can call for checklists at the correct flight phase and run them as normal. Also you can add items to checklists. Remember though the FO is waiting for your reply, when you call for checklists.

Hope that helps.

I use the "notify" when the switch is on my (pilot flying) side and the FO would not reach over to my side. Also if any extra action is required, the notify command works well.

Regards

David

David

thank you for your reply! I assume i can consult the manual and your  vox script tutorial to learn where to place the notify commands and the spacing for time in between flow items. as well as other ways to edit the scripts. I will let you know how it goes.

regards, Lee

Hi David

I was able to access the vox user interface and see how to change the pause time. When I clicked the notify button, it asks me to type in the crew member that will call it out so I typed in Trav and clicked the test button and heard a female voice read back "Trav" and it looks like the notify line is placed at the end of the list.

Also I checked the box that say to use specific procedures from loaded aircraft and had to import the ifly 737-800 lists. I assume that ws the right thing to do.

I am confused on the how to complete the notify process.

thanks Lee

Lee, you have the main MCE window open (GUI) graphical user interface.

You have a voice for the first officer selected.

After selecting a "voice" for the first officer, go to the next tab to the right.

From the main MCE window, open "VoxScript".

All the VoxScript flows are there. Select one (open it) and from the menu at the top of the screen, select "notify". In the text box you have opened, ( an empty box) just type what you want the first officer to say.

Then click save and save again.

When you next run that VoxScript, you will hear the first officer saying what you have typed in the "notify" box.

I don't put pauses in the flows. I find that flows run faster and work well without any pause added. Especially between "notify" lines.

If you download my latest MCE flows from avsim library, take a look at the vox scripts. Open one, the "runway entry procedure" for example. You will see the ones marked "notify". Those are just "say this" commands. For example, notify "check take off trim is set captain".

"Notify" really means say what I am typing and do no other action.

Hope that helps.

I will try to do a quick video tutorial soon. But once you get the hang of the editing its really straightforward.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

just a short question, did you get my email?

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi David

Sorry for being dense but I need some more guidance for the notify function. Do I insert notify in the existing script or just use it in a new one that i remake. Is there possibly a step by step example with screen shots that I could go by?

thx Lee