Sign in to follow this  
AJT1967

Some Scenery Recommendations Please

Hi community,

I'm hoping to get a few pointers on what scenery to load for my next iteration of FSX please.

Unfortunately, my sim recently crashed, and I was planning a reinstall anyway. But I'm especially looking for advice in this case, should anybody care to advise me as to what is the best items to purchase.

First off, I am somewhat limited in the amount of free time I get to fly my sim; usually only about twice per week. Within that, I am confined to flights that max out at about 2 hours or so. So, I have decided upon my next lot of regions that I want to fly, but I would like some recommendations on which sceneries to use please.

Firstly, and no disresect intended, I do not wish to user either FTX Global, Global Vector, or Landclass, as they tend not to play very well with my somewhat limited system. In Europe I tended to get black patches everywhere.

So, I am currently looking for good landclass / textures / scenery (the airports can wait) for:

Alaska

Japan

Thailand

Those are the three sectors that I would like to fly next. Unfortunately so far, I have not been able to find realistic looking scenery for Thailand.

So, if anybody has any experience with these areas or can make some suggestions, please do.

Many thanks in advance to this great community.

Andrew.

FTX Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords?

Stunning scenery!

If you want to test an FTX region first, get the freeware PNW demo.

Bert

FTX Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords?

Stunning scenery!

If you want to test an FTX region first, get the freeware PNW demo.

Wish that Southern Alaska included the Aleutians. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

For Alaska FTX Southern Alaska. I want to stick my neck out a bit but please don't bite it off. Honestly The MS Flight with Alaska wilderness addon was the best. Sadly most thought it was a game. It wasn't.

Moe