Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D v3.0 and GEX Pro World Edition...

If I decided to move to v3.0...I was thinking about leaving ORBX Global to v2.5, and having only GEX (world edition) as the v3.0 Global, and then UTX regions for the vector info. Then...I'd install my ORBX regions and airports last.

Has anybody tried to install GEX for P3D World Edition, into v3.0?

Does the installer find v3.0?

Just wondering.... :)

BTW, if you DO have it installed...a bunch of pics attached to this post, would be great to view!!

I use GEX World Edition for P3D with UTX 2.1 USA and they work just fine for 3.0 and look and perform better in my experience, on my rig, than FTX Global/Vector.   It was well worth the investment just for their city tech engine alone.   The cities look stunning and much more accurate, day or night.   The city tech is from UTX 2.1.    GEX World will handle the rest.  Very happy with both products.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I agree!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm somewhat in the same boat.  Currently I only have UTX USA in my V3 and am happy with it.  I have not convinced myself that GEX is a must-have yet.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I use GEX World Edition for P3D with UTX 2.1 USA and they work just fine for 3.0 and look and perform better in my experience, on my rig, than FTX Global/Vector.   It was well worth the investment just for their city tech engine alone.   The cities look stunning and much more accurate, day or night.   The city tech is from UTX 2.1.    GEX World will handle the rest.  Very happy with both products.

Thanks Brian..that's what I am sort of leaning to as well for my v3.(x) installation when I decide to pull the trigger. I just want something...fresh...a fresh start, with ORBX regions and airports as best supporting actors for v3.x

I really like the look of the cities...as you say...

I'm somewhat in the same boat.  Currently I only have UTX USA in my V3 and am happy with it.  I have not convinced myself that GEX is a must-have yet.

I am running UTX USA v2.1 in both FSX and P3D v2.4 right now.  So..for myself, only have to bring on-line, GEX for P3D World Edition.  Yep...that's my leaning....

Hi,

I am not going to switch right now, as I judge the consistent ORBX ecosystem. But I agree to you ORBX Global/Vector/LC based cities, at least the European ones, are poor. Unfortunately, they don't acknowledge this in their forums. 

Most of their other stuff (including the rural, agricultural... textures) and of course Regions, Airports are excellent though.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11