Sign in to follow this  
JYW

GTN750 integration into Orbx Lancair (FSX)

I've replied to Andrew above;  unfortunately I could not get a response from the author of a freeware Comm/Nav 2 gauge that was later used, in order to distribute it with the panel mod.

Worse, I had to do a OS reinstall a few weeks ago and lost that gauge.  So I'm afaid for now, I can only give out the version as seen above - that uses the default King Air Comm/Nav 2 gauge. 

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hello Bill, pm for P3D retrofit sent.

Much thanks,

Dirk.

PS: Wrong thread, sorry

Hi all,

Just to say - unfortunately I had a Hard Drive and MoBo failure a couple of months ago (ended up just buying a whole new rig). Unfortunately I lost everything on the old PC - including this, and all other mods. :diablo:

Hopefully one of the other folks who I sent the mod to can send @pchamney a copy of the mod,

Bill

Just discovered this, apparently Bill lost this GREAT tweak.  Does anyone else have it and please send it to me?  Both the GTN750 and the Orbx Lancair are favorites and this would be incredibly wonderful.

Is there anyone that could help me to get the JYW's mod. to integrate the GTN750 into the ORBX Lancair?

I've pmed JYW but he lost his hd and all the files I need, so he told me to ask the forum.

I am looking fwd to receiving good news from someone of the forum members :smile:

Thanks in advance and merry Christmas 

Clem

Is there anyone that could help me to get the JYW's mod. to integrate the GTN750 into the ORBX Lancair?

I've pmed JYW but he lost his hd and all the files I need, so he told me to ask the forum.

I am looking fwd to receiving good news from someone of the forum members :smile:

Thanks in advance and merry Christmas 

Clem

Hi Clem,

The user "DJJose" was kind enough to send the mod back to me!  I haven't had a chance to upload it to Dropbox (in order to share it) yet but if you drop him a PM, hopefully he'd share it with you too.

Bill.

Bill

Hi Bill, the user parachutem sent me the file and I've successfully installed it.

The GTN750 works right with the ORBX Lancair but there are 3 not serious issues:

- COM2/NAV2 are not operative and have "oval" knobs;

- when in POP-UP mode the GTN750 in the panel remains alight but becomes blurred;

- the GTN750's map can be panned only in POP-UP mode.

Just for your information

Regards

Clem

Hi Bill, the user parachutem sent me the file and I've successfully installed it.

The GTN750 works right with the ORBX Lancair but there are 3 not serious issues:

- COM2/NAV2 are not operative and have "oval" knobs;

- when in POP-UP mode the GTN750 in the panel remains alight but becomes blurred;

- the GTN750's map can be panned only in POP-UP mode.

Just for your information

Regards

Clem

Hi Clem,

Yes you're right.  A better option for the Com2 is to use an alternative gauge. That's what I ended up doing, but I couldn't share that, as it was a gauge from an existing payware product that I had installed (and so was available in my gauge directory).  There are some good freeware radio gauges available out there, that could be put into the panel, in place of the clunky Kingair set that I used as a placeholder in the mod.

Yes, there are some constraints with the GTN750 - no substitute for a proprer integration, offered by an add-on developer, but it's a good start for getting the GTN into the Lancair and reasonably usable.

Happy flying!

Bill

Hi Bill, yes it's reasonably usable  :wink:

Keep flying with bad weather too

Bye

Bill,

Just found this thread as i am thinking of reinstalling the Lancair. GTN integration first thing that came to mind. Hopefully you are still checking this! Incoming PM.

With many thanks.

Bill,

Just found this thread as i am thinking of reinstalling the Lancair. GTN integration first thing that came to mind. Hopefully you are still checking this! Incoming PM.

With many thanks.

Replied, with mod.  Enjoy.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Nice work!  I want to get the Lancair but I don't want to give up my GTN-750.  :smile:  I would like to get your mod if I could.  PM sent.

Thank you,

Bill Griffith

Bill  N7IBG