Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

P3D V3 FMC memory leak back?

I really hope this bug can be solved once and for all.... 

Let me preface this by saying this is all in FSX. It is really aggravating. I was involved in the testing for the original VAS leakage in FSX. I conducted quite a few  long flights between EDDP-KLAX that were without weather, traffic,  no time acceleration, and default scenery so that other testers could reproduce the flight and see what the results were. A patch was released and the problem was solved until I flew to VHHH. I just caught the OOM at 3.9GB, saved the flight, reloaded the saved flight and finished it. Now I don't enter the STAR or runway until I am about an hour from VHHH. Not a satisfactory solution because I can't get an accurate ETA because the last three or four waypoint on the core route have no altitudes until the STAR and runway are entered. The problem I see here is 07R/25L is not a landing runway. Landings are done on 07L/25R. Have you tried 25R and if you have do you get a VAS leakage or is only on 07L?

Additionally, EDDP has VAS leakage when a STAR is used for 26R, If a transition is used it is okay. LUKOP 2W is an OOM. LUKOP 26 is okay. Since I was using Process Explore to monitor the VAS used I was able to catch this and save the flight. I use EDDP a lot for KLAX-EDDP and VHHH-EDDP. At least twice a week. Needless to say all landings on 26R use a transition not a STAR.

I have no problem at KSFO with any runway or STAR causing an OOM but I only fly the NGX into KSFO. What's tell me. It's the T7.

The VAS leakage problem still exists.

Hi Michael,

I am "glad" to hear that I am not the only one dealing with this extremely frustrating issue. It is the same in both P3D V3 and FSX.

Regarding VHHH, 07L is never a issue. 25R does leak and thus you must remove the missed approach segment from the navdata or select it very late into the flight. I prefer option the former. 

07R is actually a very common arrival runway in the early morning hours at VHHH, and anytime 07L/25R is closed for scheduled maintenance. Furthermore Hong Kong ATC will try to accomodate arriving freighters and bizjets on 07R/25L whenever possible as to minimize their taxi. I only discovered the leak for 07R after I attempted KLAX-VHHH and for the first time my VHHH crashed. All previous arrivals had been on 07L.

ILS16L at KSEA is also a guaranteed OOM.

Can you please also submit a ticket again? Rob mentioned when discussing the previous leak that they monitor these threads for potential issues but ultimately people need to be reporting potential issues. 

Can you confirm 100% any specific approaches where the leak was taking place that were fixed with the last update? VHHH 25R was a problem them, and it continues to be!

Can you please also submit a ticket again?

Unfortunately, EDDP-VHHH did not result in an OOM. SIERA 7A and ILS 07R were entered in the FMC before takeoff from EDDF. VAS used was 2.4GB at takeoff, 2.3GB during the flight and 2.4GB on final to 07R. I have eight other VAS usages figure during the flight but they were all close to 2.3GB. The flight was setup with no weather, no traffic, no time acceleration, FSX default EDDF airport and VHHH airport and took 11:01 hours.

Disclaimer: I don't own P3D (any version).  I only use FSX SP2.  (I do own FSX SE but never installed it.)

I've shot several approaches the past few months into the troublesome runways that I previously identified as "leaky" on my system.  Haven't had an OOM in the 777 yet since the patch that fixed this a few months back.  (Come to think of it, think I only had 1 OOM recently because I rapidly switched between different aircraft models - they just rarely happen on my system.)  But, I suppose that doesn't mean something has changed recently.  I'll do some data logging when I get a chance this week maybe, probably into KLAX ILS 25L.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

probably into KLAX ILS 25L.

No problems with that runway. I use it at least once a week with the 777F on VHHH-KLAX and EDDP-KLAX. Don't waste your time.

Now that I think about, I don't believe I have had an actual OOM at VHHH or EDDP. Right after the VAS fix I still monitoring VAS usage. In those two cases in which the airports were payware, I think I looked at how much VAS was left and decided there was no way in hell I could make it. So I saved the flight and used the saved flight to complete the trip. In both cases it would have been an OOM or a close run thing. Now I will never know.

No problems with that runway. I use it at least once a week with the 777F on VHHH-KLAX and EDDP-KLAX. Don't waste your time.

Now that I think about, I don't believe I have had an actual OOM at VHHH or EDDP. Right after the VAS fix I still monitoring VAS usage. In those two cases in which the airports were payware, I think I looked at how much VAS was left and decided there was no way in hell I could make it. So I saved the flight and used the saved flight to complete the trip. In both cases it would have been an OOM or a close run thing. Now I will never know.

Disclaimer: I don't own P3D (any version).  I only use FSX SP2.  (I do own FSX SE but never installed it.)

I've shot several approaches the past few months into the troublesome runways that I previously identified as "leaky" on my system.  Haven't had an OOM in the 777 yet since the patch that fixed this a few months back.  (Come to think of it, think I only had 1 OOM recently because I rapidly switched between different aircraft models - they just rarely happen on my system.)  But, I suppose that doesn't mean something has changed recently.  I'll do some data logging when I get a chance this week maybe, probably into KLAX ILS 25L.

In this case I may be looking at a P3D V3 only leak?

Would you mind loading up KSEA ILS16L while sitting on the ground anywhere else and observing VAS?

In P3D activating this approach will most definitely result in a OOM, and upon Ryan asking me if I had tested this in FSX, I decided to try this approach in FSX and my observation were the same.

As of now ILS07R, ILS25R at VHHH and ILS16L are guaranteed OOM's when selected and activated on the ground from anywhere. The VAS leaks at ~100-150Mb per hour in P3D. 

Would you mind loading up KSEA ILS16L while sitting on the ground anywhere else and observing VAS?

Is this the default airport or Tax2Gate KSEA. I don't think it would make a difference unless I was going to land there.

Is this the default airport or Tax2Gate KSEA. I don't think it would make a difference unless I was going to land there.

Default. And yes, sitting on the ground halfway across the world should will make no difference. I have been using default LPMA RWY05 as my testing ground. Just select a departure, the arrival and activate. No need to start engines or anything. 

Much appreciated! 

For what it's worth, yes, I tried the 77L KSEA ILS16L loaded up (sitting on the runway at JFK with my computer running overnight).  I did have an OOM with FSX SP2.  I had Taxi2Gate KSEA activated.  I'll have to do some more exploring with other airports/sceneries deactivated.  Unfortunately, busy week or two for me with the holidays so probably won't be able to do that much data gathering and reduction.

Default.

Default FSX, no add-ons. Straight out of the box and onto the computer. Route was 26L EDDF to ILS 16L KSEA. VAS used started at 2343KB right after route was executed. At the end of hour 1 it was 2505, hour 2 2611, hour 3 2622, hour 4 2625, hour 5 2614, hour 6 2589, hour 7 2592. I stopped after 7 hours when I saw there was no discernible VAS leak.

Just to get the obvious question out of the way, can everyone here post which versions of the 777 they are running and in which sim?

(I know this is spread across several threads but for my own sanity and general data gathering purposes to try and consolidate the info.)

Let KLAX ILS 25L run while I was in the office today while sitting on the runway at KPUB.  No OOM, pretty stable (and actually VAS should have been higher but I did some excessive panning and accidentally loaded weather at the start of the session).  I'll see if I can check out the differences between KSEA and KLAX, and get some reproduction.

jB01R7o.png

Just to get the obvious question out of the way, can everyone here post which versions of the 777 they are running and in which sim?

777F (777-200 LR/F) in FSX

But which software version of the 777?  1.10.6492?