Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

P3D V3 FMC memory leak back?

Default RJAA and EDDP? I know the addon scenery Wing Creation RJAA takes up a lot of virtual memory but it is a nice looking airport. Aerosoft EDDP is an older scenery that might have a large vas footprint. Disregard my post if you are not using addon airport scenery though. - David Lee

This is a follow up to post #99. I did RJAA-EDDP again using GOBAX26 ILS26R. Used the same payware airports, ASN weather, minimal amount of traffic, and some time compression at 4X. VAS usage during flight. Just before takeoff at RJAA 2.7GB, enroute 2.2GB and 2.5GB at EDDF. So the flight reported on post #99 was OOM because of ILS26L not the payware airports.

For it to be conclusively that ILS26L is the problem both flights would need to be conducted with no weather, default FSX airports, no traffic, and no time compression. However, this a pretty good indication that the PMDG T7 can not handle ILS26L (probably the missed approach).

Just about wrapping up my migration to FSX:SE, and tried my first long-haul data collection flight.  Definitely a difference in how VAS is handled between FSX SP2 and SE on my system (as most of this community has already posted about).  I'll try to get around to some of the "troublesome" missed approaches later this week.

5PpCuCg.jpg

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

tried my first long-haul data collection flight

What do you think caused that spike just before 4 hours? Weather?

A continuation of ILS26L at EDDP

I am not going to bore you with a lot of VAS figures and time. KLAX-EDDP in 777F - active route was to BARIP1V ILS26L. This was RTE 1 in the FMC. Just in case I set RTE 2 for LUKOP26, ILS26R. A third of the way into the flight I could see that it was never going to make without an OOM. I made RTE 2 active and completed the flight.

777F flight RJAA to EDDP. Removing the missed approach from ILS26L starting with TRK solved the issue. From TOC to T/D VAS usage was 2.2 to 2.3GB.

Another data point in FSX:SE.  EGLL-KSFO, ILS 28R with memory leak present and OOM.

vQlyh5J.png

• Upvote 1

I hope this can be fixed, soon, my vas disappears because of this bug, Haven't been flying the 777 for months because of it.  - David Lee

Which sim version are you using?

• Upvote 1

I haven't read through the entire thread but I'm assuming PMDG have not commented on this yet?

I haven't read through the entire thread but I'm assuming PMDG have not commented on this yet?

PMDG has said nothing in this thread. However, they have replied to a support ticket submitted by the OP. I believe he mentions it somewhere in this thread.
  • Upvote 1

any active tickets open

I don't have one open. Not a lot of 10-15 hour routes for cargo flights. I have only two runways that cause a leak. VHHH 7R-25L and EDDP 8R-26L. I either delete the missed approach or avoid them. KSFO and KSEA are NGX airports.

I have not read this this complete thread, only the last page....but wow, 8 pages of OOM and no solution :-(

A while back people where having the same problem with FSX boxed and back then the OOM was also caused by a memory leak in the missed approach.

Not sure if it was fixed by PMDG or the next nav database but I do remember that I never had the problem.

And the only difference was that those with OOM were using Navigraph database, where I was using Aerosofts database (which is LIDO/Lufthansa based).

Maybe it is an idea for someone with P3D and Aerosofts database to have a go at it?

(I dont have P3D)

Someone mentioned he has not flown the PMDG777 for months because of this.

That is a bit extreme.

If the missed approached is confirmed to be the cause of the problem then all you need to do is fly from A to B without the approach selected for B the whole flight....just program it upon reaching B.

(or delete the missed approach from the legs page...pretty easy)

We used to have to do this for the longest time on the real 777 as well.

Something in the approach of the destination could cause a problem on the SID during departure.

Dont remember waht the problem was....not an OOM though LOL.

So there was a Boeing bullitin out back then to not program an approach untill after the SID was flown.

An FMC version update solved the problem ocne and for all after a while.....but it took....gosh....I think more than a year.

Rob Robson

We used to have to do this for the longest time on the real 777 as well.
Something in the approach of the destination could cause a problem on the SID during departure.
Dont remember waht the problem was....not an OOM though LOL.
So there was a Boeing bullitin out back then to not program an approach untill after the SID was flown.
An FMC version update solved the problem ocne and for all after a while.....but it took....gosh....I think more than a year.
That is a good laugh. I always considered Boeing the Gold Standard. But I guess both developers and manufactures have problems from time to time.

Maybe it is is not as easy as we think it is to program software for an FMC ;-)

But Boeing is the Gold standard ofcourse ;-)

Rob Robson