Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Zorba's Dance...

..around the Greek Islands.(You didn't know he owned a 1932 Tiger Moth did you?)

Poor old Greece hasn't had a very good time of it over the past few years, so I thought it would be nice if we pitched up and contributed to their economy. At the same time we can drink loads of Ouzo, smash a few plates and dance with our arms around each others shoulders.

For those that don't like surprises...HERE IS FLIGHT PLAN

Sceney: Orbx Global + Orbx EU LC and the airports on the plan are all in THIS DOWNLOAD

It should be noted that the flight ends at LGPA Paros. There are a couple of more airports we could have visited but we would have disappeared up our own bottoms! B)

1900Z kick off

Refer to other threads in this forum for TeamSpeak details.

Καλή πτήση όλα

One more thing 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron, Since I don't have Orbx EU LC, it looks like I need to buy/install it, yes?  Also, it's FTX_GLOBAL, correct?  Just checking that I have everything--don't have anything European (sorry!!).

Stew

Wait a sec--I have OPENLC_EUROPE1, 8, and 9 in the Scenery Library.  Is that enough?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Ron, Since I don't have Orbx EU LC, it looks like I need to buy/install it, yes?  Also, it's FTX_GLOBAL, correct?  Just checking that I have everything--don't have anything European (sorry!!).

Stew

Wait a sec--I have OPENLC_EUROPE1, 8, and 9 in the Scenery Library.  Is that enough?

You're on the money Stew. Although you ought to have 1-10-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-NAMERICA1-NAMERICA2-BASE.

In that order. That is if you also have NA/Canada LC

I don't have 10-2-3-4-5-6-7, but I'm assuming it's because I don't have any of the European regions installed, eg, England, Wales, Scotland, Norway, etc.

Stew

Correction:  OPEN_LC_Europe probably supplies those, right, not the Euro-Regions?

Stew

European Land Class includes all of those regardless of which full fat regions you have. I can't recall whether the install give you options not to install selective areas. Can't think it does. Re-install EU_LC is my advice.

Umm...I don't have EU_LC in the first place, except for those 3 entries, two of which I think came with Global and the other with the Iceland Demo!   :rolleyes:

Stew

Ahah! That explains it. Another demo LC was Lithuania or Estonia or somewhere like that. Hey Ho. :)

Getting all prepped for Saturday.... Had Gyro's & Dolmades last night for dinner... YUMMY!  :grece-flag: 
For your "paper folding" needs a SkyVector plan is here. Just a note.. Each airfield has a NDB therefore there is no reason to get lost! HA!

Planning on flying the Spartan again ( it's blue & white, a plus ) but was looking for repaints for something like the Twin Otter, couldn't find any. If the "theme" changes for the flight type then will consider something different. ( A Hellenic Hurricane perhaps?)  

Ron, the scenery you provided is only basic right? Afcads to provide the airport & nothing really special, is that correct?  - No problem if that's the case, just wondering after checking the scenery install 'n such.   

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Ron, the scenery you provided is only basic right? Afcads to provide the airport & nothing really special, is that correct?  -

You're not wrong Roman. They're about a notch and a half above default. It's all I could find. Having said that, I didn't try very hard! :unsure:

P.S. On a point of order. Your Spartan repaint title is not 'Miss Lorraine' correct? If it IS I'll go back and change it!

Hi Ron, I'll be looking forward to Saturdays flight. I'll bring my RV7 :smile:

Scott

Scott

Hi guys,

I'm weather-dependent for today's flight - if it stops raining here we're going to fireworks, if it's still raining I'll fly.  It's looking 50/50 at the moment.

If I don't make it, have a good one!  It looks like a nice plan, I'll fly at least some of it offline.  And I'll have the Canary Islands flight ready for next week.

Edit: The weather here has cleared out so we're taking CD Junior to the fireworks. I might be back in time to join you for the last leg or two.  If so, I'll be in a RealAir Legacy, one of the stock paints.

Just surfaced this afternoon feeling well enough to type this note. I've been very ill the past week and only today actually feel like I have joined the land of the living.  Think I'm on the mend now but it's been brutal.

Hope everyone had a good flight, hope to join in again soon.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Just surfaced this afternoon feeling well enough to type this note. I've been very ill the past week and only today actually feel like I have joined the land of the living.  Think I'm on the mend now but it's been brutal.

Hope everyone had a good flight, hope to join in again soon.

Blimey! Sorry to hear that Bryan. What was the problem? Don't tell us if it was too 'personal'.  :blink:

Take an extra day off mate.