Sign in to follow this  
rlawrence

Radar Contact Win 10

Have any of you experienced any problems with RCv4 and Windows 10? Here's my issue. I can get ATIS. I can contact clearance and ground. When I'm told to contact tower I can't do anything at that point. Furthermore, I can't contact FSS at airports where it's needed. I'm not sure what the issue could be. I've tried all sorts of different ideas. I've tried all the compatibility modes, a refresh install of RC, run as admin and even went as far to go with an old version of FSUIPC. All produce the same results. I have all the required libraries installed. I suppose it's just a Windows 10 issue with RC. 

Richard 

Are you letting RC tune your com1 as recommended? Have you tested at a default airport and with a default aircraft? What does the RC controller window show regarding services and frequences.

Sorry. I don't have Win 10 so these are general references.

Make sure you are using the latest fsuipc for your FS version

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

and makerwys,exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and after doing the scenery rebuild go into the RC/data folder and check the date-time properties of a4.csv and r4.csv to insure they updated.

I've tried it all, except the default airport in fsx. It does not matter the control set I use. It's all the same. The display window gives you the normal display. There no errors or anything to indicate a problem. Once RC tries to contact tower there is nothing. The same if FSS is used. This did not start until the upgrade to Win10 from 8.1. I thought a fresh install of RC4.3 would fix it, but the problem remains. 

Is your FS is in Program Files, it may be necessary to set two run as admin settings, one in properties and one in Advanced properties. Are you using Win 10.1 That was released soon after 10.0.

If RC quits running, its in flight FSUIPC window does not go away. If you alt-tab does the RC app come up on your screen. Does Task Manager show RC is running?

The only way to abort RC is to alt-tab to its main window. The Start button label changes to Quit. If the window is closed or FS closes first, RC will hang.

From early Win  10 reviews, it was described as all sharing and cloud services were on by default. Reviewers described going in and turning all of the default sharing off. These might be upsetting something in RC's communications wih other processes.

Is any add-on process running that in a certain phase might be stealing keystrokes?

That was the first thing I did, ALT-TAB. RC was still running. The display box in FSX stays the same, even when you do press 1 to contact twr. It's the same with FSS . I have FSX and RC on a separate drive. I'll try the permisson's too. 

Hi!

I also use W10 and had no problems at all after my upgrade. Are you using multiple monitors? In that case make sure the one where the RC-window is displayed in are active (click somewhere inside that window before trying to make a call).

Regards

Johnny

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi!

I also use W10 and had no problems at all after my upgrade. Are you using multiple monitors? In that case make sure the one where the RC-window is displayed in are active (click somewhere inside that window before trying to make a call).

Regards

Johnny

. . . But do not click inside the FSUIPC/RC window. Click on the panel somewhere.

I have just moved to window 10.1 and RC4 is fine apart from a failure to respond to the acknowledge key "7".It responds to all others.I have to resort to auto reply to make it work which removes some of the flexibilty

Hi Folks,

P3Dv3.1 and Win10 - no issues at all - as mentioned above - "run as administrator" - Windows should present you with the security screen - that you have to OK to allow it to run before the program will start...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have just moved to window 10.1 and RC4 is fine apart from a failure to respond to the acknowledge key "7".It responds to all others.I have to resort to auto reply to make it work which removes some of the flexibilty

Does this happen when running RC and FS in a default aircraft with no other add-on running? Check the RC keyboard assignment tab. Something may be capturing that keystroke. Try assigning another one. Check your FS assignments for conflicts.

Thank you for the reply Ronzie

The key strokes I use are exactly those I used when in W7.Whichever aircraft I am in.

However after my post here I had already changed the allocations to something near the original and all then worked fine.The 2 affected actions were the "7" acknowledge and the "C/S/K" for co pilot toggle comms.

Then  I tried the originals again after a shut down and restart.All is now as it was before.Working as it should.

I have used FS in a lot of its forms and with a lot of add ons and also RC for many years.W10 did something but I know not what.

In the quest for cloud computing and social networking features built in to W10 or its default add-ons by MS who knows what hot keys were added so maybe there is a conflict.

i had a similar problem

I reassigned the Ack  keystoke " 7" to "Ctl 7".Then I re assigned it back to a plain "7" and all was resolved

I raised this in here somewhere and Ronzie came up with the same thought.