Sign in to follow this  
Mallcott

First P3D V3 update released

Heads up a new patch has just been released - 1.017 RC2

http://majesticsoftw...00/support.html

Contains a v3-specific MJC84_main.dll as a beta (and optional) file - read instructions for installation. It's a manual installation.

Install over 1.016 or 1.017

First results are a substantial increase in smoothness and the sounds seem more balanced. 

One thing I have noticed, and it's like the QW146/RJ in this regard is that the aircraft takes a wee while to setup on initial load - flap lever didn't work for a few seconds and some click spots needed two or three goes to get things to respond. BUT if you use the sim `panel serialisation` option, all settings are retained on subsequent load.

• Upvote 1

About P3Dv3

- I've lost all cabin calls and the relative page in the FMC is empty.

- Also the Dome light has no effect on the VC illumination, but it was already the case with the previous 1.017 beta

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I bought it at SimMarket but their download is still version 1.16?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

About P3Dv3

- I've lost all cabin calls and the relative page in the FMC is empty.

- Also the Dome light has no effect on the VC illumination, but it was already the case with the previous 1.017 beta

You MUST use the P3D version of  MJC84_main.dll - you need to rename it manually as it installs to FSX as default not P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

You MUST use the P3D version of  MJC84_main.dll - you need to rename it manually as it installs to FSX as default not P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Exactly what I've done  :smile: but ...

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Can you post screenshot of your Q400 CP (sounds section)?  What OS are you running?

I verified all the sounds from FMC services to switch clicks to cabin to bleeds and fan speeds etc. etc.   Surround is working exceptionally well, provide excellent "Feel there" audio experience.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, just run a new test and ... the cabin announcements are back (w/o any change from me). And I get back the related page filled in FMC  :blink:

However the dome light stays without any effect (except the bulbs themselves). That's the case since I moved to v3.

Is the dome working on your side?

Thanks

Roland

Yes, all lights are working as advertised. The only issue is that the rear cockpit door light doesn't actually cast any. Light, that is. As you describe for the dome.

But both overhead spots work perfectly, all the variable lighting knobs work. Still like to see some accommodation for HDR under P3D for the dome and storm, as they can be a bit bright and wash out the panel a bit, but it's a very minor thing.

Thought: You do have pilot controlled lights checked in the P3D options in the sim?

Second thought: Rebuilt the Shaders file lately? Might be worth trying.

I have no light preset (other than default) in P3D. I cleared the shaders without result.

But thanks for the help :)

Not a big issue anyway. As it seems to be only on my system, I'm quite sure the next full installer will solve it.

Roland

@roland_Ifor,

Have you tried using the alternate aircraft.cfg.p3d.altDomeLight file? Just rename the original aircraft cfg file to aircraft.OFF, and then rename the alternate file to aircraft.cfg. See if that makes a difference.

regards, Craig