Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Change to P3D from FSX

Hey Vernon,

You can get the Developer version and run it for a month - and then Buy Your Regular Version - Which is the way I went - But then when You decide to go with a regular version - You will have to do a complete Un install/re install - that's just the way it is ! - However if You go with Your regular Version initially  - You have 60 days to NOT like it - and get a refund - Saves the Aggravation - I Might add that - if You went with the Developer version - You can renew as much as You like - with out a reinstall ! - You must Also Understand that P3d is NOT for Your Enjoyment - NO FUN !! - Johnman :smile: :smile: B)

I used the EMT to install my scenery addons when I purchased P3D for the first time (version 2.3), but I have not bothered with it since.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Johnman what do you mean by this -

You must Also Understand that P3d is NOT for Your Enjoyment - NO FUN !! - Johnman :smile: :smile: B)

Vernon Howells

That was a joke, Vernon. P3D is sold as a training product, and is not supposed to be used for "entertainment" purposes (as that would conflict with their license).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hey Vernon,

Yahh - My Little Stab at Sarcasm - You'll See it Written in RED - on Their License Page - I have Been "Not Enjoying" - P3D for several Years Now - a couple of Versions - Good Luck ! - Johnman  B) 

What problems did you have?

So should i go for the academic license...

So is UTX europe not working with P3D and ASN ?

Vernon Howells

We cannot advise you on the license, you go for the one you qualify for.

UTX Europe is working. Go to the Flight 1 forums and see what you need to do - it's NOT a direct installation. You also need to update ASN. Again go to the developers website for guidance.

Are you sure you want to move from FSX? Prepar3D will be a study sim and require an understanding of where things are similar but more importantly, where things are different to the sim you are familiar with.

Are you sure you want to move from FSX? Prepar3D will be a study sim and require an understanding of where things are similar but more importantly, where things are different to the sim you are familiar with.

Don't let this scare you @Driver170 - just be aware that altho they LOOK very similar, there are enough differences to be bothersome should you just make blind assumptions that it is the same as FSX. Install folders, etc.

Not a big deal at all if you remain aware.

Enjoy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hey Vernon,

Yes I went from FSX to V1.4 when it first came out and I have stuck with it - Its the most FSX friendly - I tried v2.5 on a Developers License - it was impressive and smooth - and the frame rates were similar - I'm just not unsatisfied with ver. 1.4 - and I don't think I'll be upgrading My Hardware any time soon - I'll probably try Ver 3.0 in the Future - I'll wait till the New gets rubbed off. - Let us know what You download - it'll be an adventure !  Johnman B)

Think i will hold off because i have the flightdeck solutions CDU for the 737 which i run with the 737 NGX and FSX. And i don't anyone running the NGX, P3D and the CDU.

Does anyone?

Well it does sound an adventure lol

Vernon Howells

Think i will hold off because i have the flightdeck solutions CDU for the 737 which i run with the 737 NGX and FSX. And i don't anyone running the NGX, P3D and the CDU.

Does anyone?

Well it does sound an adventure lol

??? Mike runs the ultimate home cockpit with hardware from Flightdeck Solutions on Prepar3d v3  ...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475684-three-75-4ks-are-installed/

Where's the problem?

If you try it once, you will never come back to FSX...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Yeh i know that. I'm using the NGX at the moment its getting the CDU to run on the NGX through P3D

I will switch to P3D once i dump the NGX for my home cockpit build

Found someone whos got it working with the NGX :) :)

Vernon Howells