Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

FlyTampa Updates Kai Tak and Montreal airports - Outstanding!

I think most of us would agree that FlyTampa have consistently been the "gold standard" of payware scenery producers. They have now raised the bar even further. They have just released major updates for the amazing VHHX Kai Tak retro scenery and contemporary CYUL Montreal, Canada. The updates are free for all existing customers. Both of these sceneries were already top notch, and in the case of Kai Tak, absolutely groundbreaking. But now they are even better, with features I have never seen before in FS. And like all FlyTampa products, the performance hit is negligible. The Hong Kong (Kai Tak) scenery is extremely dense and complex but my older computer ran it with no discernible performance hit at all.

Seriously folks, these sceneries were excellent before. With the upgrades, they are now even more amazing - and if you are a previous owner, it's free

Cheers

Ian

Is that at Simmarket?  I cant download from my account either. Have sumbitted a ticket to them, but as they are in Germany guess will have to wait until tomorrow ( and this is my free evening this week)

Booooo  ;-(

Yipee its working now, off to instal it

;-)

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

And visiting the purchase page, brings this little nugget of useful info:

http://www.flytampa.org/order.html

I see they updated quite a bit lately for v3...well, there goes my wallet.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Any idea where there is a list of what this update does? . I  did a very quick boot up of it, cant see anything that comes to mind, but it was VERY quick look

Quest 2

Windows 11

Any idea where there is a list of what this update does? . I  did a very quick boot up of it, cant see anything that comes to mind, but it was VERY quick look

Sydney 1.2

- Added P3Dv3 Installer support

Toronto 1.2

Copenhagen 1.3

Montreal 1.4

- Added FT-Configurator Options

- Added Floodlight Halo FX

- Added Snow Drift FX

- Added 3D People

Dubai 2.4

- Added IK-Jetways

- Updated Taxilight Shaders

- Added 3D People

- Updated Dubai Skydive runway (OMSD)

Athens 1.6

- Added high detail IK-Jetways

- Added animated Apron Traffic 

- Improved 3D grass performance

- Added 3D People

Tampa 2.4

- Updated Taxi & Runwaylight Shaders

- Updated Shader for Ground Details

- Improved 3D grass performance

- Added 3D People

Buffalo 1.2

- Added Snow Drift FX

- Added 3D People

Grenadines 1.2

KaiTak 1.3

- Added 3D People

St Maarten 1.8

- Added Simpson Bay Causeway Bridge

- Added higher Detail IK-Jetways

- Updated Taxiway B

- Added Wave Spray FX

- Removed Bamboo Bernies

- Added Caravanserai "Alegria" Hotel

- Added Apartment Buidlings on Hill

- Resaved Textures to save VAS

Vienna 2.7

- Added DeIcing Trucks and FX

- Added Snow Drift FX

- Added 3D People

- Resaved Textures to save VAS

Midway 2.3

- Added Snow Drift FX

- Added 3D People

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7797

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Is that at Simmarket?  I cant download from my account either. Have sumbitted a ticket to them, but as they are in Germany guess will have to wait until tomorrow ( and this is my free evening this week)

Booooo  ;-(

Yipee its working now, off to instal it

;-)

I have already downloaded the new versions from Simmarket. They updated them today and show up in your order history....

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

lol wayneI guess were typing at the same time. 

I only bought 1 tampa scenery in simmarket Toronto which I got the email and was able to download from my account,  the rest I bought from flytampa bmt micro so I had to email support from flytampa to get the new installers.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

BMT sent me an email (so did SimMarket) but I think the BMT servers are overloaded at the moment so you may have to wait a while. When I did the original post I had only heard from SimMarket and my only two FT products there were Kai Tak and CYUL. I didn't realize FlyTampa have done a LOT of updating including some of their older products like Midway... I think it says a lot for their integrity as a developer as most of my Fly Tampa products were purchased for FS9 but now I have updated versions for FSX with no further charge...

Thank u all

Quest 2

Windows 11

Something that baffles me  is how FlyTampa manages to create such high detail scenery with so very little impact on frame rates- seriously ! Look at Kai Tak, so darn detailed, to the max, yet almost  no impact on frames.

But go to other airports or sceneries from other developers- with less detail-, and you get a high impact on frames. (Mind Boggling). Well, in a good way!

Something that baffles me  is how FlyTampa manages to create such high detail scenery with so very little impact on frame rates- seriously ! Look at Kai Tak, so darn detailed, to the max, yet almost  no impact on frames.

But go to other airports or sceneries from other developers- with less detail-, and you get a high impact on frames. (Mind Boggling). Well, in a good way!

Not only that but they tend to keep their product suite updated (as evidenced here) and their support is much friendlier. Something I can't say about some of the other "majors," who could use some customer service lessons. They also know how to work around those autogen exclusion areas that other developers claim is inherent in the FSX/P3D engine and that nothing can be done about.

Love FlyTampa.

Was freaked out when i got 7 E-mails from BMT this evening saying "thank you for your order" thought my account was hacked. Then fear turned into delight when i seen this was just fresh installers great work by FlyTampa.

Wish that email from BMT was phrased different though, was in a real panic until i could get onto the FlyTampa forum.

But again great work and a pleasant surprise in the end.

• Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

BMT sent me an email (so did SimMarket) but I think the BMT servers are overloaded at the moment so you may have to wait a while. When I did the original post I had only heard from SimMarket and my only two FT products there were Kai Tak and CYUL. I didn't realize FlyTampa have done a LOT of updating including some of their older products like Midway... I think it says a lot for their integrity as a developer as most of my Fly Tampa products were purchased for FS9 but now I have updated versions for FSX with no further charge...

Glad I found this thread - thought the email was a scam lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |