Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

FlyTampa Updates Kai Tak and Montreal airports - Outstanding!

I received e-mails throughout the day. FlyTampa has always been one of my favorite devs. Enjoy!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I know we have 2 NY out there; but if they- with their skills- , would develop JFK (and) New York City, it would sell like hot cakes on a Monday evening.

Current NY City and JFK are a huge Frame eaters.

Was freaked out when i got 7 E-mails from BMT this evening saying "thank you for your order" thought my account was hacked. Then fear turned into delight when i seen this was just fresh installers great work by FlyTampa.

Wish that email from BMT was phrased different though, was in a real panic until i could get onto the FlyTampa forum.

But again great work and a pleasant surprise in the end.

I was at work and thought the same thing. Sent off a quick email to BMT Micro and got a quick email back assuring me that it was normal. I was relived as last month I had some unauthorized purchases on one of my credit cards. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I know we have 2 NY out there; but if they- with their skills- , would develop JFK (and) New York City, it would sell like hot cakes on a Monday evening.

Current NY City and JFK are a huge Frame eaters.

Agree. And for that matter so is KLAX from the same developer. Even in FS9.

No one would be able to manufacture a KJFK or KLAX that performs better than the current offerings by FSDT, except maybe Flighbeam who uses similar design techniques as FSDT. Although we'd never be able to compare because I'm sure FlyTampa will never do either airport.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Most of FlyTampa's airports are in areas with little amount of scenery, and airports like the old Hong Kong are on an island and one main terminal. Even Dubai which hs a nice surrounding scenery is only a small downtown area. FPS hits are larger at Buffalo which has a large city scenery and their Toronto and Copenhagen are big vas and fps drags. They make high quality scenery but are not the best at making low framerate hit scenery as shown in CPH and YYZ

Most of FlyTampa's airports are in areas with little amount of scenery, and airports like the old Hong Kong are on an island and one main terminal. Even Dubai which hs a nice surrounding scenery is only a small downtown area. FPS hits are larger at Buffalo which has a large city scenery and their Toronto and Copenhagen are big vas and fps drags. They make high quality scenery but are not the best at making low framerate hit scenery as shown in CPH and YYZ

What about Boston, Chicago Midway, Tampa? All highly populated heavy scenery areas in FS. Especially KMDW which always given performance issues in the past. So much so that I went to using a freeware AFCAD. (I don't have a power house system, just a measly 3Ghz C2D) This update is a pleasant surprise, now my frames are fluid even with 100% UT2 Traffic. It's also not too hard on VAS either. The best thing about these updates, is they finally implemented the FSX compatible Jetways in their other scenery, that they have had at TNCM. In my opinion next to FSDT, it's the best jetway system currently available for FSX/P3D.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

What about Boston, Chicago Midway, Tampa? All highly populated heavy scenery areas in FS. Especially KMDW which always given performance issues in the past. So much so that I went to using a freeware AFCAD. (I don't have a power house system, just a measly 3Ghz C2D) This update is a pleasant surprise, now my frames are fluid even with 100% UT2 Traffic. It's also not too hard on VAS either. The best thing about these updates, is they finally implemented the FSX compatible Jetways in their other scenery, that they have had at TNCM. In my opinion next to FSDT, it's the best jetway system currently available for FSX/P3D.

BOS and MDW are small airports but they too have fps issues if you use traffic and in the Chicago area you have an ORD scenery.

Something that baffles me  is how FlyTampa manages to create such high detail scenery with so very little impact on frame rates- seriously ! Look at Kai Tak, so darn detailed, to the max, yet almost  no impact on frames.

But go to other airports or sceneries from other developers- with less detail-, and you get a high impact on frames. (Mind Boggling). Well, in a good way!

While I do appreciate that FlyTampa makes a quality product with relatively modest impact there are other vendors who excel at this as well.  KDEN from Flightbeam, for example, is absolutely amazing for the size and level of detail while maintaining near default airport performance.

That said, nice to see these updates and nice to get the email as well - though as others have noted, at first it was a bit of a head-scratcher till I saw this thread.

Scott

Sydney 1.2

- Added P3Dv3 Installer support

Toronto 1.2

Copenhagen 1.3

Montreal 1.4

- Added FT-Configurator Options

- Added Floodlight Halo FX

- Added Snow Drift FX

- Added 3D People

Dubai 2.4

- Added IK-Jetways

- Updated Taxilight Shaders

- Added 3D People

- Updated Dubai Skydive runway (OMSD)

Athens 1.6

- Added high detail IK-Jetways

- Added animated Apron Traffic 

- Improved 3D grass performance

- Added 3D People

Tampa 2.4

- Updated Taxi & Runwaylight Shaders

- Updated Shader for Ground Details

- Improved 3D grass performance

- Added 3D People

Buffalo 1.2

- Added Snow Drift FX

- Added 3D People

Grenadines 1.2

KaiTak 1.3

- Added 3D People

St Maarten 1.8

- Added Simpson Bay Causeway Bridge

- Added higher Detail IK-Jetways

- Updated Taxiway B

- Added Wave Spray FX

- Removed Bamboo Bernies

- Added Caravanserai "Alegria" Hotel

- Added Apartment Buidlings on Hill

- Resaved Textures to save VAS

Vienna 2.7

- Added DeIcing Trucks and FX

- Added Snow Drift FX

- Added 3D People

- Resaved Textures to save VAS

Midway 2.3

- Added Snow Drift FX

- Added 3D People

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7797

and what will all this do to AES?

and what will all this do to AES?

hi Ric Martin from flytampa answered  a similar question http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=48447#p48447

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

H-U-G-E kudos to the team at FlyTampa for keeping these already great airports alive!!!!