Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Question on the A2A Camanchee

I'm having trouble getting on the A2A Forum that's why I'm here. My question is when I fly the Camanchee and go to an external view of the pilots door, it is lit up like there's a light shining on it .

Is this normal ? There's no light shining on the co-pilot side. The door is lit up even in the day.

What time is it ?  Could it be the Sun ?       What about altering your HDR settings.   I had something similar and changed my HDR settings and that sorted it 

I'm having trouble getting on the A2A Forum that's why I'm here. My question is when I fly the Camanchee and go to an external view of the pilots door, it is lit up like there's a light shining on it .

Is this normal ? There's no light shining on the co-pilot side. The door is lit up even in the day.

I'm confused. The Comanche doesn't have a pilot door, only a door on the co-pilots side.

Is that the one you're talking about? If so check the reflection coming off the landing lights by turning the one on that side off. 

Did your Comanche come with multiple textures and have you tried all of them to see if you still have a shiny

pilot side body panel on each texture?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The lit up pilots side panel is bright regardless of which Camanchee I choose. It doesn't matter day or night, sun or no sun even with the landing lights off, it's still there. I don't see that with the A2A cherakee. Poppet, you mentioned the HDR settings , what and where do I find that ?

Post a screenshot

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My apologies Jetsmell,   I wasn't paying attention when i posted my comment,   this is the FSX forum 

Post a screenshot

A screenshot of the Comanche would be helpful.  Odd that all of the liveries would show a similar "bad" texture for the

pilot's side of the aircraft while the Cherokee shows up OK.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

First thing I would check is to make sure your Comanche is fully updated. On their main web page, click on Downloads. The latest update is October 3rd.

If that doesn't work, then try reinstalling it. 

You could try switching on or off DirectX 10 Preview and see if that fixes it. If DirectX 10 Preview is the problem, you could try getting a DirectX 10 Fixer program.

Hard to tell without a screenshot though.

I took two screen shots but don't know the procedure on how to put those pics. on here.

I took two screen shots but don't know the procedure on how to put those pics. on here.

I use this. Google search for OZ Image hosting. ( It would not let me post a link to it)

Upload your screenshot to there, choose the direct link and paste that link into the url box you

get when you click on the IMAGE icon.

Charlie Aron

An idea poped into my head thinking this is a light problem and I have an addon that's called Spotlight from FlightSimLabs and that I should check it out. Well the light for the overhead panel was way out of wack, so I disabled it and the outside light disappeared. Problem solved. Thanks for your help guys.

jetsmell fire me a PM I can sort any forums issue you had.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations