Sign in to follow this  
B-7

FUEL and ANTI ICE annunciations

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased the 737NGX base package. Flying through tutorials (mostly to have a grip on a model, I have over 500 hrs on 738 from the old PMDG), at the second one I noticed a strange annunciator panel behavior. While recalled, it shows FUEL and ANTI ICE messages. After pressing the MASTER CAUTION they turn off and don’t pop up by themselves, but it still bugs me. I scanned through cockpit, but didn’t find any specific caution light lit or anything wrong in any other way.

Here are the screenshots. I fly in FSX Steam Edition, with ASN weather software (NON-Steam version).

Thanks in advance, Diana Tkachenko.

For the legal name used in PMDG account please contact me privately.

By own experience and cleared by PMDG staff, I can tell you that this is the result of loading a previously saved flight with the old PMDG 738. Delete all those saved flights and start from scratch with the new airplane.

By own experience and cleared by PMDG staff, I can tell you that this is the result of loading a previously saved flight with the old PMDG 738. Delete all those saved flights and start from scratch with the new airplane.

You mean, it's basically a glitch?

You mean, it's basically a glitch?

Glitch? Not really. More like trying to load an old file with a new program. When we updated the plane, certain items shifted in the background (necessarily), so the old panel states are not compatible with the new ones.

Kyle Rodgers

Beat me to it. Nothing wrong with the systems annunciations in the new airplane. Only when started from an old saved panel state.

Glitch? Not really. More like trying to load an old file with a new program. When we updated the plane, certain items shifted in the background (necessarily), so the old panel states are not compatible with the new ones.

You see, this one is a clean installation. I have no prior history with NGX and all I did was loading of the NGX default flight for Tutorial #2. I mentioned my previous experience only to explain why I find this behavior unusual.

Ones again to be fully clear: That is a freshly installed NGX with the flight file from it's own package.

You see, this one is a clean installation. I have no prior history with NGX and all I did was loading of the NGX default flight for Tutorial #2. I mentioned my previous experience only to explain why I find this behavior unusual.

Ones again to be fully clear: That is a freshly installed NGX with the flight file from it's own package.

Are you using the panel states (or save files) that were installed when you installed the plane, or did you get them from our website?

Either way, if you fly Tutorial #1, the end of that flight gives you the saved panel state that you'd start Tutorial #2 with. This issue is definitely isolated to old panel states being used in the new aircraft. We definitely went back through and replaced all the panel states and saves for P3D and the FSX:SE compatibility update, so you should have the newest files, unless you overwrote them somehow.

Kyle Rodgers

Are you using the panel states (or save files) that were installed when you installed the plane, or did you get them from our website?

The former.

Either way, thanks, now, as the reason is known, I don’t think I’ll encounter the issue in the everyday usage.

The former.

Either way, thanks, now, as the reason is known, I don’t think I’ll encounter the issue in the everyday usage.

Definitely not during everyday use. I'll have to look into the saved files for the tutorial flights. It shouldn't be doing that.

Kyle Rodgers