Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Warsaw Chopin EPWA/WAW Rwy 15 departure

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did TDS release that plane or are you beta testing it for them? I have the TDS 727-200, but not this one.

Hello Joseph, you are correct, I am beta testing her... She is not released just yet.

Great pictures and video, Ed. I almost forgot the breath when watching your flight engineer's work.

I'm so looking forward for the 727-100 series. The next Round-the-World trip waits. I hope there will be somebody making a good panel for her that has nearly the functionality as yours. It shows that the TDS model is capable of these functions, comparable with the legendary Dreamfleet model.

Classic fuel management again!

I could imagine that you are already working at a panel version with INS, Ed. Do you know if the TDS model can be equipped with one?

Classic fuel management again!

I could imagine that you are already working at a panel version with INS, Ed. Do you know if the TDS model can be equipped with one?

Hello Harald, the extra work (fuel management) makes the aircraft more involving to me. VP-CJN has one Delco Carousel INS for backup navigation.

You can install the excellent freeware Delco Carousel INS into any aircraft. I will not be making any more 727 panel configs...I want to save my energy for the Tu-154M.

I re-edited the Stansted arrival to include an exterior landing view. 

Great. (only thing I don't like are the many R****** and E****** planes in the background)

Ed, I'd like to fly the TDS 727 with exactly that fuel, electrics and even pressure management. So I'm glad that with the correct panel the model can be flown so. If there is a good panel, I will insert the INS myself. While I'm able to do so, building a complete panel goes beyond my skills. As I know that you don't make your panels public, can you recommend one of the few freeware panels for the 727 that would be a good base, that means that has already fuel management and the other desired functions? Unfortunately, the HJG panel (the only one I know beside Dreamfleet's) hasn't these.

(My question regarding compatibility between TDS 727 and INS regarded to the fact that last winter I asked myself if I should insert the INS into my Tu-134. Although a sacrilege for itself, I doubt that the INS would have been compatible with that plane...)

Regards,

Harald

Great. (only thing I don't like are the many R****** and E****** planes in the background)

Ed, I'd like to fly the TDS 727 with exactly that fuel, electrics and even pressure management. So I'm glad that with the correct panel the model can be flown so. If there is a good panel, I will insert the INS myself. While I'm able to do so, building a complete panel goes beyond my skills. As I know that you don't make your panels public, can you recommend one of the few freeware panels for the 727 that would be a good base, that means that has already fuel management and the other desired functions? Unfortunately, the HJG panel (the only one I know beside Dreamfleet's) hasn't these.

(My question regarding compatibility between TDS 727 and INS regarded to the fact that last winter I asked myself if I should insert the INS into my Tu-134. Although a sacrilege for itself, I doubt that the INS would have been compatible with that plane...)

Regards,

Harald

Hello Harald, It has been so long since I used anyone else's panel I would not know what's out there.

Fuel management in FS is a tricky one. It took me a very long time to work that one out ...but after successfully implementing on my DC8 (8 tanks, 4 fuel selectors, crossfeeds and fill any tank from any tank) I can do it for any aircraft.

Possibly even more tricky for 727 panel designers will be engine management. The stock EPR code is useless and a custom one will have to be written.

Again a long time since I used the Simufly INS but I'm pretty sure you can fit it to any aircraft.

Thanks again Ed. So it will be a good occassion for me to get a little deeper into our passion.

Good luck with the Tri-Jet from the other side!

beautiful shots. I'm interested to know how you make them shots look so good. Also took a look at your videos and the panel looks so real its beyond belief!