Sign in to follow this  
hyperdunk8

Always Trouble with strong crosswind on final

Hello i had a opusfsi and ihave a problem with strong crosswind on final. It's so annoying when i disconnected the autopilot but at 500-200 agl suddenly i had a strong crosswind. I already enabled disabeld weather on approach. But it 's not help my problem. Can somebody give me a solution? Thankyou guys

The cross wind is always there of course so welcolm to the real world. Turning the LWE off won't make any difference as the weather including winds have already been injected. Try using Recommended Practices, make sure you specify your destination, and of course, as advised check the destination weather report on the screen so that you are aware of the winds. You should never be surprised by cross winds, you should be fully aware of them and ready to fly accordingly as soon as the AP is turned off.

Stephen :-)

The cross wind is always there of course so welcolm to the real world. Turning the LWE off won't make any difference as the weather including winds have already been injected. Try using Recommended Practices, make sure you specify your destination, and of course, as advised check the destination weather report on the screen so that you are aware of the winds. You should never be surprised by cross winds, you should be fully aware of them and ready to fly accordingly as soon as the AP is turned off.

Thankyou sir, but it's always happen on final? Is it normal? It's like wind direction changed when on final. I already enabled "disable weather on approach" but still, winds still change on final. Any suggest?

Please read the above. You only disabled further updates but the weather, including winds, had already been injected from the previous update. As I said, the winds are already there most likely when you are over 200km away. Please make use of the on-screen destination weather report. You will then know what winds to expect, the report also lists the runways in preferred order of use. Cross winds are usually present in the real world to varying degrees.

Stephen

I assume you have stepped through the GS Guide, are using Recommended Practices (although if you were you would know what winds to expect). Are you checking all weather, including local weather, prior to take off etc.. The ATIS can also be used of course but if the report shows (Actual) label then weather in the sim and the LWE match at the destination. Always check local against ATIS of course to ensure no problems with weather injection.

Of course winds generally veer upwards (backup downwards) in the N hemisphere. There can be large wind direction changes low down as well. Make sure you have fsuipc4 installed with Opus DWC Dynamic Wind Control enabled.

Stephen

Please read the above. You only disabled further updates but the weather, including winds, had already been injected from the previous update. As I said, the winds are already there most likely when you are over 200km away. Please make use of the on-screen destination weather report. You will then know what winds to expect, the report also lists the runways in preferred order of use. Cross winds are usually present in the real world to varying degrees.

StephenI assume you have stepped through the GS Guide, are using Recommended Practices (although if you were you would know what winds to expect). Are you checking all weather, including local weather, prior to take off etc.. The ATIS can also be used of course but if the report shows (Actual) label then weather in the sim and the LWE match at the destination. Always check local against ATIS of course to ensure no problems with weather injection.

Of course winds generally veer upwards (backup downwards) in the N hemisphere. There can be large wind direction changes low down as well. Make sure you have fsuipc4 installed with Opus DWC Dynamic Wind Control enabled.

Stephen

Sorry for late reply Stephen,

Before takeoff and landing i always checked Map at opus for weather. The weather matched with METAR. But on final it's always diffeent winds and strong change wind direction. But after i touched down and Wind direction and Wind speed back to Normal (match with METAR Information) and it's always happen to all airport in my fsx.

If using p3d v3 of course you should upgrade to the latest beta version. The METAR of course only gives the surface wind. The GRIB data provides the upper (ambient) winds and DWC should keep these in check through the the decent down to a few hundred feet. The wind directional changes can be quite dramatic in both the sim and real life. You should of course monitor the Destination on screen report and check against the sims info bar to satisfy yourself the ambient wind targets are being met. Mine always remain within one degree or knot of the targeted values. The text reports will also indicate the wind gradients and expected winds at various altitudes. Just use this information to ensure DWC on your system is able to keep things under control and also make you aware of the expected wind directional changes on the decent and approach. Surface winds tend to veer upwards in the N hemisphere but the GRIB data and METAR will ultimately determine what directional changes will be expected.

Stephen

You should not use any other weather source as only chaos will result. Opus uses fsuipc4 to perform its DWC but you should not enable any weather related features within the sim or fsuipc4.