Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

FO turning off Center Tank Fuel Pump to late

According to the FCOM the center tank fuel pumps should be turned off when there are 1000lbs/500kg fuel in the center tank.
The FS2Crew FO only turns them off when the tank runs empty though.

This has the danger of the pumps sucking air and running hot since they're cooled by the fuel running through them.

Could this be changed for the next update?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Mainly SOP2, but in the past I also used 3.

I took this information directly out of the Boeing FCOM though.

In the old FS2Crew it was the same though and it also only turned the pumps off at 0.

For some reason I'm not allowed to attach pictures here, but on page 123 of the FCOM PMDG delivers with the NGX you can find the procedures on the fuelpumps.

It is an interesting observation, and you are partially correct.

There are two types of fuel pumps

The one PMDG is referring to is the old one, which is not used too many places. thats the type that doesn't turn off by itself when empty. PMDG modeled that into the Aircraft where FS2CREW has modelled the new one (Where it turns off by itself)

Looking into my up to date FCOM2 it is not a requirement from Boeings side to turn the pump off with 500 kgs. left, so must be something PMDG has added.

As for what to do, my company, back when we had them turned off one pump and opened crossfeed with 1000 kgs. left, and then at the first sign of Low Pressure switch the pump off, close the crossfeed and open the other pump. 

Best Regards

Lukas Agerskov

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Makes sense, thank you!

Since the PMDG 737 has the old ones I think FS2Crew should model this procedure then.