Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

How to make the Saitek Cessna trim wheel work with Prepar 3D v3?

Thanks Jean Marc,

I will have to see if it is playing well on my end too.

Checked last night.  The same mouse related error persists if the trim wheel is unplugged for me

I leave it plugged when I start or shutdown  my PC, and no issue to use it ... I did'nt need to reinstall it after updated Windows 10.

Sorry You still have the problem =(

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

No yesteday I had the same issue : nothing new in fact,  sorry for this wrong news... I d'ont understand because it worked at the first start but it does'nt now.

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Disconnected the Cessna trim wheel for a year almost.

Re connected it.

It works in Aerofly 2

IL2 BOS

IL2 COD

Prepar 3D , computer freezes, and still doesnt work.

I bought this Cessna trim wheel specifically for Prepar 3D and ironically its the only simulator that doesnt support it.

I shouldnt have to disconnect reconnect and do all sort of aerobatics to make it work.

Is there a fix now ? 

Is there a fix now ?

not yet, as I know of.

If you go to start menu, Devices and printers,right click on Pro flight Cessna trim wheel, select game Controller Setting.

Click on the Cessna pro flight trim wheel, click propertise and then spin the wheel. it then disapears, repeat to check it works.

bob

edit.. you need to carry this out every time you start your computer.

So if I do that the PC wont crash?

its not crashed for me using this method, just to check we are talking about the Saitek cessna trim wheel and not the trim wheel on the Saitek yoke.

bob

I just have to spin it before starting the sim and then it works perfectly. If I forget and then spin it while the sim is loaded, it freezes up so badly that I have to reboot my PC - nothing else will solve it. But yes, with that one minor thing to remember, it works flawlessly otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Stuart Furley

I just have to spin it before starting the sim and then it works perfectly. If I forget and then spin it while the sim is loaded, it freezes up so badly that I have to reboot my PC - nothing else will solve it. But yes, with that one minor thing to remember, it works flawlessly otherwise.

Yes that works for me also, I'm sure i've tried that before, anyways it works now so thanks for that.

bob

Interesting - thanks for heads up to bad I dumped it - wish I knew this before I parted ways with it 

Rich Sennett

On the other side of the coin I have never, at least to my memory, had it directly freeze or crash my system.  I have had it not correctly been recognized whereby I go into FSUIPC and give the wheel a few spins until FSUIPC catches then... then no issue.   But as of late with P3Dv3 I have not even had to do that.

Just pointing out the above issues do not affect everyone.  Good luck on solving your issues.

Clutch

Same here, never had a freeze or crash,  it doesn't start with windows boot, I just have to  spin a little to have windows recognizes.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Same here, never had a freeze or crash,  it doesn't start with windows boot, I just have to  spin a little to have windows recognizes.

The Cessna Trimwheel has something defective in its firmware so that it needs to be actuated before Win this.  I contacted their customer support and opened a ticket on it to no avail.   If someone can manually spin the wheel to make it recognizable that is something that should have been programmed into its firmware.  Good to know there might be a workaround mine's been parked for over a year and I really like it w/ FSX.  I did however have the Saitek driver installed, and since then rebuilt the system so maybe I'll be good.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X