Sign in to follow this  
AvivBashan

Problem with the ILS

Hey all, 

I have bought the PMDG 737 NGX  and the offical aerosoft scenery of LLBG - Tel Aviv Ben-Gurion airport at his latest version.

The problem starts when I am trying to intercept the ILS for runway 12; 

I am doing everything by the book but something is wrong. It happens sinsce the chart has been updated.*** I update every month the 'AIRAC' and 'Navaids package' to their latest version ***

As the chart the course needs to be 118.

When I'm approaching to the airport (course 118 in the mcp - by the chart and the fmc) the aircraft changing the course automaticly to 117 (the old radial) and the takes me Left the runway.

What sould I do ? 

Thank you all !

What sould I do ? 

Read the Intro Manual.

In summary:

You're updating the AIRAC data, but the sim data is not being changed unless you're installing new scenery regularly. This means that there is a potential for the data to get out of sync between the plane and the sim, which is why we've included a function that will find what the simulator says the course should be and set it (which is the Intro Manual reference). This forces the aircraft to properly analyze and display the appropriate information on the displays. After all, the nav data that you're tracking is all in the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Read the Intro Manual.

In summary:

You're updating the AIRAC data, but the sim data is not being changed unless you're installing new scenery regularly. This means that there is a potential for the data to get out of sync between the plane and the sim, which is why we've included a function that will find what the simulator says the course should be and set it (which is the Intro Manual reference). This forces the aircraft to properly analyze and display the appropriate information on the displays. After all, the nav data that you're tracking is all in the sim.

Thanks, so what do I need to do? Reinstall the scenery ?

Thanks, so what do I need to do? Reinstall the scenery ?

No. Reinstalling rarely ever fixes things, and in this case, I doubt it would change anything.

Our aircraft is reading directly from the scenery. That means that the scenery is reporting 117 and not 118. Reinstalling the scenery will not likely fix this issue, as it is more likely that the designer of the scenery set 117 as the course for whatever reason. It could have been 117 when they started designing it, or it might be that it's 117.5 and they chose to round down instead of up

It's really not at all an issue because of the function that we've provided. If it bothers you that much, then you can either edit the airport's .bgl file (commonly, mistakenly, referred to as an AFCAD file) using an editor, or you can advise Aerosoft of the discrepancy.

EDIT:

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

No. Reinstalling rarely ever fixes things, and in this case, I doubt it would change anything.

Our aircraft is reading directly from the scenery. That means that the scenery is reporting 117 and not 118. Reinstalling the scenery will not likely fix this issue, as it is more likely that the designer of the scenery set 117 as the course for whatever reason. It could have been 117 when they started designing it, or it might be that it's 117.5 and they chose to round down instead of up

It's really not at all an issue because of the function that we've provided. If it bothers you that much, then you can either edit the airport's .bgl file (commonly, mistakenly, referred to as an AFCAD file) using an editor, or you can advise Aerosoft of the discrepancy.

EDIT:

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Which editor should I use?

Which editor should I use?

That's a question for the scenery forum (who can also help answer questions about those tools - that's not a discussion for here):

http://www.avsim.com/forum/123-msfs-scenery-design-forum/

Again: Full names - first and last - are required in the forum here. This must be complied with, or posts will be removed.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Kyle Rodgers

That's a question for the scenery forum (who can also help answer questions about those tools - that's not a discussion for here):

http://www.avsim.com/forum/123-msfs-scenery-design-forum/

Again: Full names - first and last - are required in the forum here. This must be complied with, or posts will be removed.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

You have the patience of Job.