Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

I Need 'Motivation' to Fly!

lol Ryan well this it,  inevitable you will return to Simming,  its in your DNA dude.  

Yes take a break for a while.     I break out sometimes and play actual games,  Batttlefield4, Hitman and so on.  At the end of the day i never get the same kick out of it,  i always feel a bit empty, the break is nice though.  I walk in the evenings as well this helps me sleep.  Ive cut down on my coffee and chocolate intake, also helps me to relax.  A good night sleep + good diet will reset the urge to fly again.   

I'm a member of the Virtual International Flying Club ( VIFC ). In this club they have programs where you can fly from designated airports. Your flying time and other info. is recorded. You're granted awards and a rank with the more flying that you do. You can fly in the virtual world with other pilots and there are even rescue missions. It's a very neat club and gives a purpose to flying.

Guest JustanotherPilot

AirHauler - form a company from scratch and watch it grow with your business decisions, the right aircraft purchases, hire the right pilots. I've been playing daily for over 12 months - every day requires flying challenges using the different aircraft to meet the schedule or suffer the repercussions financially.

The earth is roughly 29,000 miles in diameter...that's plenty of ground to cover with so many places to see.  

-Jim

The Earth is only 7,900 miles in diameter. If you meant circumference, that would equal 24,860 miles at the equator.   

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the responses! I'm not losing interest in flying, far from it, I have just completed a twin prop cockpit build and I put in an hour or two every day, with a few more at the weekend. I guess my beef is that the Realair Duke, probably the only 'study' twin aircraft, is not a plane I can fly for very long.

At the same level is Aerosoft's Twin Otter, and the Milviz Baton is also quite nice, but I long for an A2A twin, a Seminole or Seneca for air taxi work, or even a Cessna Caravan (though its only a single prop).

So at the moment I'm flying the aircraft in my OP, all with AccuFeel, but two or three of them eith the addition of RealEngine 1.4. a freeware engine monitoring add-on.

I want more 'working aircraft' at the same level of detail as A2A or Realair!!

The Earth is only 7,900 miles in diameter. If you meant circumference, that would equal 24,860 miles at the equator.   

Well if you want to really split hairs and point out a slight mistake in my wording then, how about this:

The circumference of Earth at the equator is about 24,902 miles(40,075 km), but from pole-to-pole — the meridional circumference — Earth is only 24,860 miles (40,008 km) around. This shape, caused by the flattening at the poles, is called an oblate spheroid.

Anywho, I think the OP got the point.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

You could have a look at http://fscaptain.net/ . There is a demo version that let's you try all features, it is only limited with respect to the airports that you can use.

Peter

I want more 'working aircraft' at the same level of detail as A2A or Realair!!

What about Flight1 B200 ?

Cheers :)

N.-

OK so you are bored with just sitting there and letting the modern aviaonics do their thing. Well try this. Push the weather to 00 visibility and make an approach to a airport by the numbers. When the temp and dew point are together you have fog and is a good place to start. Get the charts and do it right.

Now after you have mastered it with modern stuff, try the Beaver X. A good flying stable platform for practing instruement flying. The difference is you are limited with a lot less fancy instruements. Now you are closer to flying like the old guys did. It will take a lot of time to get profiencent, however it is something that is rewarding. Staying with the Beaver you can try mountain flying.The Beaver has 450 horse power and is a world of difference away from the Duke with those humongous turboprops.

Make a flight to somewhere that you will have just enough fuel to get to and then figure how far you can go towards that airport and have enough fuel to get to a alternate. Let there be winds involved in your flight. I think this was called a Radius of action from a moving base. It has been a lot of years since I learned this so don't hold me to names and such. You might want to use a E6B to determine all this. 

As to the E6B, use it to properly make calculations in your instrument approaches. You know from the VOR to the outer marker and such. Consider the speeds and wind to get the times. You can use the online E6B or buy a real one. It is a handy gadget to have. I use one I bought in the 60's

If you really want to get into it get the aviation weather and learn to read it Learn to make your own forecast. Do flights by dead reckoning. Again you will have to figure the wind into your flight along with knowing about compass bearings and other stuff. Figure density altitude especially for the higher airports. Knowing this stuff could save your bacon if you ever get to do this stuff in real life. 

Well this will keep you busy for awhile, so good luck and good flying.

RLJR

What about Flight1 B200 ?

Oh, that passed me by somehow .... I will have to investigate the Flight King Air!!!

• Upvote 1

Oh, that passed me by somehow .... I will have to investigate the Flight King Air!!!

Highly recommended...turn on all the realism options.

Hello,

Have a look to FsPassengers 2015.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thanks Richard, I do have fsPassengers and it is rather nice, I tend to use it for bush flying and use the co-pilot voice called 'chip', that way I get failures with my aircraft. As in the OP I tend to think up flight scenarios when bush flying, though, hunters out to a camp, or recovering a sick homesteader out in the Canadian wilderness, that sort of thing.

A world tour is always a good one too - planning the legs for the aircraft(s) you're going to use, checking weather, and flying legs. I've done it once and it was an amazing feeling when I landed back at the airport I started from (Orillia, Ontario) - from the opposite direction!

I'm doing this currently. I've only ever competed a RTW tour once before. It give you a chance to stop in at interesting places you wouldn't otherwise visit. On my current tour I've just passed through Kiritimati a tiny atoll halfway between Rarotonga and Hawaii. Once I get to europe I'm planning of taking a silk road routing to China with stops in Italy, Serbia, Turkey, Iran, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.

There is a YouTube channel by a guy named Matt Cochran that usually puts me in the mood to fly.  Most of his videos are hanging around spotting at KATL, but the catch is that he provides an often humorous and wacky running commentary on what he sees.  Here is a link to his channel and here is a link to one of his better videos to give you a taste of his style.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones