Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

LUA dynamic friction mod 737NGX

5 hours ago, kand said:

Reducing your sliding friction coefficient will make the plane feel like its on ice! you need to increase the value to give you more grip. I use 1.0 throughout for my setup 

I did have it at 1.0 it didn't appear to do anything, so I went the opposite way and it feels the same I didn't notice much difference. What did make a noticeable difference to me was the rolling friction.

But come to think of it I was testing it to it's limits with crosswinds of 36kts, gusts to 45.

I'll put it back to 1.0 and leave it. Thanks

Hello Simmers,

Any new information on the ground friction problems that P3D V4 is causing us?

The thrust needed to keep the NGX rolling is too high and also the take off distance required to get off the ground is too long...

In V3 the LUA file was a fantastic solution!

Now I cannot find a solution for the problem.

THANK YOU!

30 minutes ago, karim_ said:

Hello Simmers,

The thrust needed to keep the NGX rolling is too high and also the take off distance required to get off the ground is too long...

THANK YOU!

LM requested no memory hacks of P3d so you wont see this in the near future, if we want to see a realistic rolling/sliding coefficient we need to lobby LM, but that will upset the major 3rd party devs!

IIRC the dynamic friction in the NGX was slightly adjusted by PMDG in the P3Dv4 version of the NGX.

Personally I find it quite good in the NGX right now in P3Dv4.1 but maybe I just got used to it?

At least it's better than it once was back in the FSX times without the dynamic friction LUA applied and I'm able to keep the aircraft rolling with very small amounts of thrust.

Richard Åsberg

In P3DV3 I had the friction file activated and I spent around 200 kgs taxi fuel from gate to runway ready to go.

Now I am using around 350/400 kgs from gate to runway. That is not very realistic for a 737NG.

However guess have to sit tight and wait for a any solution of this friction problem. I expected they solved the issue as per new version of p3d.

anyone who can tell us more about this/help us out....

You can check out my posts at FSdeveloper, all you need to know to do this yourself is there. 

3rd party devs get round the issue by simply adding more thrust to the 0 mach airfile table 1506. For a 777 at idle in the real world, a GE90 115 puts out around 4000lbs of thrust at idle. However in Fsim, to compensate for the unrealistically high rolling friction coefficient, airfile devs have to increase/scale up the idle thrust to around 9000lbs per engine. They then flatline this thust-N1 through the low-midrange to balance the thrust curve out. I am not convinced this solves the overall problem though, because the correct amount of maximum thrust is still set as per real world. Therefore the max thrust v the high friction must mean longer take off rolls. There is then the issue with stopping, high friction means shorter stopping distance. This then has to be offset by decreasing the brake effectiveness scalar. 

This is something that has bugged me for years with fsim having been a PPL and had hours on the 777 sim, therefore I created my own sim1.dll and airfiles so that "my" sim world functions more accurately. 

I wish LM would address this long standing problem, but as has been said before I doubt they will because it will break virtually every airfile that has previously been written, meaning the aircraft will accelerate unrealistically and be under braked when stopping. 

14 hours ago, karim_ said:

Hello Simmers,

THANK YOU!

As a matter of fact the problem now lies with PMDG. Most quality addon aircraft now have a correct ground friction, including FSLabs and TFDi ones. Since they were able to get it right PMDG may do their job as well.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto