Sign in to follow this  
philfab2

777 Update

I am waiting to update my 777 Professional.  Mine was bought as a DVD from Just Flight, and when I visit the Operations Center, I am told I have 5 new messages, all to do with updates.  When I click on these, they say that the online version can be updated but are working on the DVD version.  Could you possibly shed some light on this?  My biggest beef is the delay in reverse thrust activation; it seems to be programmed to not be available until the nose wheel is on the ground.  Having flown the real aircraft and then been a simulator instructor for Boeing for six and a half years, we teach straight from the Training Manual that full reverse is selected (after the small delay for the interlock) immediately after touch down.  I still cannot believe that a model of the aircraft can be so accurate and all from a small DVD and small price.  Beautiful.  Regards Phil McConnell (philfab2)

Phil McConnell

I am waiting to update my 777 Professional.  Mine was bought as a DVD from Just Flight, and when I visit the Operations Center, I am told I have 5 new messages, all to do with updates.  When I click on these, they say that the online version can be updated but are working on the DVD version.  Could you possibly shed some light on this?  My biggest beef is the delay in reverse thrust activation; it seems to be programmed to not be available until the nose wheel is on the ground.  Having flown the real aircraft and then been a simulator instructor for Boeing for six and a half years, we teach straight from the Training Manual that full reverse is selected (after the small delay for the interlock) immediately after touch down.  I still cannot believe that a model of the aircraft can be so accurate and all from a small DVD and small price.  Beautiful.  Regards Phil McConnell (philfab2)

Hello Phil,

I do recall seeing some progress in regards to updates for DVD owners of PMDG products. Your best bet is to log a ticket directly with PMDG and/or JustFlight and ask for the means of getting the necessary updates.

Regards,

Will Reynolds

You need to go to aerosoft website and get update from there. PMDG has given update for DVD users to Aerosoft. It does not matter if you buy form just flight or aerosoft.

Best wishes

Ash nerurkar

Ash Nerurkar