Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Need Help Correcting Control Sensitivity In XP 10

I'm looking for a plug-in like FSUIPC that allows you to configure your controllers by airplane and by controller. FSUIPC allows you to assign pitch, bank, and yaw and tweak the settings.

I need to do this for each plane I fly in X-Plane 10.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I use XPUIPC to connect with external programs such as ACARS and a plug in called "X-Assign" which allows you to create up to 3 control profiles per aircraft

• Upvote 2

I'm looking for a plug-in like FSUIPC that allows you to configure your controllers by airplane and by controller. FSUIPC allows you to assign pitch, bank, and yaw and tweak the settings.

I need to do this for each plane I fly in X-Plane 10.

Thanks.

Jose

X-Assign (available at the org) is indeed what you are looking for.

It's goal is to handle per aircraft button and axis assignments, and it does a pretty good job, I'd be sunk without it, since I have a ton of hardware plugged in.  It does not (as far as I'm aware) let you tweak stuff like max / min range and sensitivities on the axis assignments, as FSUIPC does.  It also does not let you map ranges of an axis to buttons as FSUIPC does.  So perhaps a bit less configurable.

The one thing I've found is that one of my needs for running both FSUIPC and LINDA on my FSX installation is that they open up a lot of commands that would otherwise be hard to assign.  In XP that's far less of an issue, since there's tons more available commands.  So the only thing missing is the ability to assign stuff per aircraft, and X-Assign fills that role.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for the replies.

My main issue is that the payware planes I'm flying are too sensitive for my taste.

I use GoFlight Modules and Sandy Barbour's plugin works great, but I need to tweak the control sensitivity for each plane and FSUIPC (FSX) allowed me to do that.

If someone has a tutorial on how to do this with "XPUIPC to connect with external programs such as ACARS and a plug in called "X-Assign" I'd appreciate the help.

My other option is to ask the developer if there's a way to tweak the plane.

I am also interested in the ability to further adjust the control (Axis) sensitivities.

Thanks for the replies.

My main issue is that the payware planes I'm flying are too sensitive for my taste.

I use GoFlight Modules and Sandy Barbour's plugin works great, but I need to tweak the control sensitivity for each plane and FSUIPC (FSX) allowed me to do that.

If someone has a tutorial on how to do this with "XPUIPC to connect with external programs such as ACARS and a plug in called "X-Assign" I'd appreciate the help.

My other option is to ask the developer if there's a way to tweak the plane.

XPUIPC simply provides a simulation of the FSUIPC data in/out, allowing things like ACARS which depended on FSUIPC to read information from FSX to also work with X-Plane.  It does not copy FSUIPC's ability to assign & tweak buttons and settings.

I checked deeper into X-Assign... yes, it looks like it does exactly what you need.  According to the download page on the org (not sure if posting a link is allowed?), it does the following:

Features - most recent first:
- Save individual settings for 32 and 64 Bit X-Plane for any aircraft! (Existing settings will still load!)
- GLOBAL settings are shared between all aircraft and 32 and 64 Bit
- Save your augmentation, centring, linearity and null-zone with your axes assignments per aircraft!
- Save your axis and button and even field of view assignments per aircraft.
- Have as much as 3 sets of settings per aircraft if you wish and access each with just one button or key press.

I've never really checked the axes linearity or FOV assignments, as I use it primarily to save hardware assignments per aircraft.  But according to that blurb, it does it all.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks! I will look into this plug-in ASAP.

It seems though, that X assign won't work for some addons . I tried doing some profiles for the Nils BK17 (mainly so I wouldn't have to keep reversing my CH throttle) but it never seemed to save the settings. I believe the BK17 has custom controls too - maybe this is why

I also had some errors with X assign so I haven't used it since hmmm

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It seems though, that X assign won't work for some addons . I tried doing some profiles for the Nils BK17 (mainly so I wouldn't have to keep reversing my CH throttle) but it never seemed to save the settings. I believe the BK17 has custom controls too - maybe this is why

I don't know about axes, but in regards to buttons, I've read that you need to also assign a custom control to a keystroke as well as a button in order for X-Assign to save it.

Frankly, I'd be a lot less enamored of X-Plane if it weren't for X-Assign.  Having 7 different hardware controllers plugged in at once can make things difficult.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I do a controller calibration after each loading of X-Plane as part of my pre-flight check.  It's simple to reset axis sensitivity if you think it is needed.  Keep settings in a notebook if you fly a lot of different aircraft and can't remember your choices.  Personally, I unplug any controllers I don't need for the current flight (i.e. unplug my joystick if I'm flying a Boeing).  I've never found a need to vary my sensitivity settings once I get them set, and most commercial aircraft have tuned sensitivity to suit the plane.  The fewer things X-Plane has to deal with, the better.

Ryan,

Do you think that the BK17 code does not play by the rules? Non-standard interfaces or overrides really bother me, but maybe it is interference from another addon.

Bob