Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

P3Dv3 and AI Traffic?

In FSX I was using an elderly, but perfectly functional My Traffic 5.4c.  Doesn't look like I can get that working P3D though:-(

Has anyone come to any conclusions which AI traffic addon is best suited to P3Dv3?

I use Ultimate Traffic 2. I still think it's the best available addon with a relatively moderate framerate hit, if properly configured. It's a bit tricky to install into P3D3, but there are some recipes around how to do it, at least one of them might work. It's a shame the developer got lost in space and Flight1 obviously doesn't care how to transfer it into the future.

Burkhard Renk is working on a P3D3 version of My Traffic 6 which will be relased *sometime* in the next year. Unfortunately, I found My Traffic too performance hungry.

Just Flight does not seem inclined to adapt their Traffic 360 and the likes to P3D3.

I never tried the free alternatives.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I reckon 5.4 should work to a significant extent in P3D, I don't think anything has changed between the schedule BGL and MDL Model file requires between the two simulators.  That said, you'll need to do it by hand.  I set up MyTraffic 6 in that fashion, by simply adding the MyTraffic Scenery folder to the P3D scenery library and editing the SimObjects file to contain the path to the MyTraffic Aircraft.  If you need to use the MyTraffic Tools or Communicator, that's perhaps a different matter.

Simon

I still don't have any issues with WOAI.  It seems to be on the lower tier for AI add-ons but it works perfectly, sometimes a little too good if your traffic is up high.  Here is a shot I took a couple of night's ago at EGKK after landing...barely a parking spot to be had. lol

2015-11-4_20-58-25-404.jpg

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I use Ultimate Traffic 2. I still think it's the best available addon with a relatively moderate framerate hit, if properly configured. It's a bit tricky to install into P3D3, but there are some recipes around how to do it, at least one of them might work. It's a shame the developer got lost in space and Flight1 obviously doesn't care how to transfer it into the future.

Burkhard Renk is working on a P3D3 version of My Traffic 6 which will be relased *sometime* in the next year. Unfortunately, I found My Traffic too performance hungry.

Just Flight does not seem inclined to adapt their Traffic 360 and the likes to P3D3.

I never tried the free alternatives.

Kind regards, Michael

yes indeed here local UT2 :-)

André

If you have your FSX install still intact, you could simply use the traffic.bgl and aircraft from MyTraffic 5.4c.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I still don't have any issues with WOAI.  It seems to be on the lower tier for AI add-ons but it works perfectly, sometimes a little too good if your traffic is up high.  Here is a shot I took a couple of night's ago at EGKK after landing...barely a parking spot to be had. lol

2015-11-4_20-58-25-404.jpg

-Jim

How difficult is this to set up? I would love to try it.

MyTraffic works fine, but some poor models.

UT2 works, but bigger frame rate hit than MT, for me. Also results in odd behaviors installed with migration tool.

Next, WOAI?

UT2 works, but bigger frame rate hit than MT, for me.

Bear in mind that UT2 uses the same models as WoAI except that the UT2 models have been converted to an FSX format. Approximately 30 of the latest WoAI packages however did include newer FSX models. So if you find that UT2 is too much of a hit to your system then WoAI will be slightly worse, but it's well worth the try as the traffic is indeed awesome.

Some of the WoAI packages released for FSX, there are hundreds more for FS9 that will still work in P3d though as well.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=%22Complete+AI+package%22&CatID=fsxaia&Go=Search

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

How difficult is this to set up? I would love to try it.

MyTraffic works fine, but some poor models.

UT2 works, but bigger frame rate hit than MT, for me. Also results in odd behaviors installed with migration tool.

Next, WOAI?

Not difficult, in the general sense.  Someone here at AVSIM outlined a quick and dirty tutorial for installing WOAI, which I saved to my WOAI installer folder on my hard drive.  If you want the instructions, just PM me.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I have used UT2 under FSX and now use MyTraffic 6 under P3D3. MT6 works fine and I prefer it over UT2 for the following reasons:

1) It is still under active development. I am not sure about UT2, I haven't heard much about progress on it lately.

2) UT2 creates its own traffic outside of FSX/P3D and feeds it into the sim. MT6 just generates a bunch of traffic bgl files that you can add to your sceneries and control via the traffic slider in P3D. To me, this approach is more transparent and easier to control.

3) UT2 has a larger impact on frame rates.

Having said that, for my taste UT2 planes look a bit nicer than MT6 planes, but then again, this might be the reason for the smaller impact of MT6 on frame rates. And I find the MT6 planes perfectly acceptable as well.

Peter

Not difficult, in the general sense.  Someone here at AVSIM outlined a quick and dirty tutorial for installing WOAI, which I saved to my WOAI installer folder on my hard drive.  If you want the instructions, just PM me.

-Jim

Done.

I just use Alpha India Group packages with AI Flight Planner utility. It's a little more work than WoAI but not much more with the latest versions of AIFP.

If you have your FSX install still intact, you could simply use the traffic.bgl and aircraft from MyTraffic 5.4c.

I'll have to give this another try then.....