Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Gear Alarm?

After a long time of not flying, I've now got the NGX installed to P3D.

What am I forgetting or doing wrong, that I have a constant alarm sounding on final approach?  I think it's the gear alarm.

What am I forgetting or doing wrong, that I have a constant alarm sounding on final approach?  I think it's the gear alarm.

Unless your gear is not down, it's not the gear alarm. I'm guessing it's your AP disconnect warning. Remember that you need to hit the AP disconnect button a second time to let the system know your AP disconnect was intentional. Do not use the AP disconnect bar up on the MCP. There is a yoke button to disconnect the AP, or even better: set up a button on your yoke, and set this as a key command in the PMDG SETUP > KEY COMMANDS menu.

Kyle Rodgers

No its not that type of noise. It's a constant bazzer.

Could be the pressurization.

Not  really  since  he  would  have  gotten it  on take off  and  he  is  about  to land

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Best thing to do is post a screenshot of the full panel when you have the alarm so we can check your configuration.

In the 737, the gear warning horn sounds if you select flap 15 or greater without lowering the gear.

You can go to Flap 5, but you must drop the gear and wait for 3 greens before selecting flap 15 or else the horn will sound.

In the 737, the gear warning horn sounds if you select flap 15 or greater without lowering the gear.

You can go to Flap 5, but you must drop the gear and wait for 3 greens before selecting flap 15 or else the horn will sound.

The horn sounds with gear up if the thrust levers are at idle and flaps 1 or greater. However you can stop the noise with the horn cutout button if flaps are 10 or less. With Flaps 15 or more the horn will only silence with the gear down.

You don't have to wait for three greens before selecting Flap 15. If you are on speed then selecting Flap 15 with gear up probably won't cause a warning horn as the thrust levers will be above idle, but if still decelerating then it is best to select gear down first to avoid the deafening horn sound.

ki9cAAb.jpg

And ?

Don't know what your trying say and to who,(you most likely directed your Kevins post) thought the answers were quite good, if you don't want your posts to be deleted you need to add your full name to your signature block

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg