Sign in to follow this  
rudder

standard graphics adapter

I recently installed a gforce gtx 950 card in my 5 moniter  cockpit , only one monitor lit  up.spent alot of time frigging around trying to find out why .FOUND THAT THE COMPUTER INSTALLED the card AS A STANDARD GRAPHICS ADAPTER

along with generic drivers, not working very well. tried to install nvidia drivers, computer would not let  me.

serched the webs seems like this does happen, no one has the answer. any help will be appreciated.

( slowly going nuts) thanks .

Ok, first question would be why the computer doesn't allow you to install the correct drivers for your card.  What error message comes up when you try to install the driver?

Did you go into your device manager to see if your graphics card is listed under display adapters?  If so (which it should also have a yellow triangle icon next to it), then you can go to it's properties window (right-click, properties) and then select the driver tab.  From there you can install or uninstall drivers, but it is recommended that you just use the built-in utility through the nvidia driver download.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply.This has been solved. The device manager listed the card as a standard graphics adapter , nvida drivers would not install. the answer for me was let win 7 update standard graphics adapter drivers ,everything now works. thanks.