Sign in to follow this  
cgentil

Lights problem

Hi,

I have a problem with FTX lights, it does generate too late, only generates at 3000ft or 2000ft and should generate more earlier.

Anyone has any idea of what's going on?

What can be?

I have some people which lights starts appearing at 12000ft or more ealier.

I'm using FTX Global.

Can't be done I'm afraid. FTX Global lights are autogen objects (including the Vector street lights). Visible distance for autogen objects are controlled internally, within P3D itself.

AFAIK, there is nothing much we can do about it. I also wish we could increase the visibility distance!

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

So I shouldn't worry about it, right?

At which altitude I should see the lights well?

Or it has anything to do about LOD_RADIUS?

I'm using FSX.

you could also grab NE for your region,

with NE 60Nm lights radius that will never be an issue!

I've LOD_RADIUS at 5.500000. The problem is the NE eats a bit of FPS, from what I heard.

But it's strange why I got ORBX lights at 3000ft to 2000ft and some my simmer friends get lights before, much before.

For example I use photoreal at Portugal and I got stable 30 FPS if I activate the NE I will get 5 to 10 FPS loss I guess.

I know there are some levels on NE lights.

Also Chris, the Portugal NE has been updated with new configurator?

From some photos I've seen the Portugal NE seems to be very nice.

Anyways thanks for you suggestion Chris, if you have any suggestion please tell me.

that is true and expected with NE pushing lights at 60Nm radius; it will consume some of the sim's energy,

with that said it a very manageable scenery; especially of you follow some of the advice on our forums (some may be found here on AVSIM as well)

when flying at night there are many features you can switch off for the benefit of night flight; just as you setup for day flight; there are special consideration to factor for night flight

yes, we do offer levels and allot of customization with our older v1.0 as well with our most recent v1.7/8/2.0;

NE is modular and can be made to work virtually on any Sim PC level; in just about every imaginable scenery combo,

currently all our published regions (including Portugal) have been updated to v1.7/8 with the new NEXM configuration manager;

but not all have been published yet by Aerosoft! only 8 regions so far have been published in their new format,

i do believe with the recent need to overhaul all installers for P3D v3 compatibility;

all current dormant v1.7 regions will be released as v1.71 (the 1 indicates P3Dv3 compatibility) shortly as Aerosoft catches up with the spool they have to complete,

until they do; you can grab our v1.0 region at their older price; then enjoy the newer version when it updates at no extra cost as existing customer (you will get the new full installer free for existing)

be sure to check out our video section for more NE visuals

http://forums.nightenvironment.com/videos.html/

I will check your forum.

Also with my specs:

i5 3570K - 3.40 Ghz

Asus P8Z77-V

G.Skill 8 GB RAM

Asus GTX 670 2GB

Which level you recommend? Taking account I've photoreal also.

first i apologies; i didn’t realize i was under orbx support thread,

technically speaking you could run at level 3;

it’s always a question of balancing your scenery to accommodate a night scenery,

you are welcome to stop by at our support forums to ask any question you have regarding NE,

first i apologies; i didn’t realize i was under orbx support thread,

technically speaking you could run at level 3;

it’s always a question of balancing your scenery to accommodate a night scenery,

you are welcome to stop by at our support forums to ask any question you have regarding NE,

Thanks for your reply Chris.

Maybe I have to turn off the Vector Road lights when I start use the Portugal NE.

The problem with photoreal and ORBX Global the ORBX lights won't appear, just will on some sides because the photoreal is over the ORBX Global, and that's why I'm afraid installing Portugal NE it won't affect too much my performance?

I'm talking about what I've seen.

YVW,

FYI: NE will have an exclude for 3rd party lights when activated over Portugal! (or any active region)

Photoreal will always block landclass objects,