Sign in to follow this  
Noah101

Can somebody help me personally with anti aliasing in 2.5 before I throw my PC out of the window please?

Okay so I have been trying to get good anti aliasing in P3D with Nvidia Inspector and nothing wants to work. I am currently using 4x sparse grid super sampling and I have set the mode to "enhance the application setting". Almost nothing I do seems to apply to the game and I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I'm using a gtx 760 so I cant use DSR so yeah. If anybody can give some advice or send their Nvidia Inspector profile over to me I would deeply and greatly appreciate it. I'm also using 4x msaa in game.

• What driver are you using?
  • Did you completely uninstall the old one and then reinstall?
  • Did you RESET the Prepar3D Profile to default and THEN apply the 4SGSS settings?
  • Did you delete the shaders file after changing the settings and et them rebuild?

Unfortunately the AA in P3D does not match the AA in FSX so if you are using that as a comparison, it will fall short. Also, a lot depends on what you are looking at - runway piano keys or aircraft lines and edges. Different aircraft affect the AA differently.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic. 

I have done all of what you said above. Could you list the settings you use please? 

Thanks, Noah   :smile:

• What driver are you using?
  • Did you completely uninstall the old one and then reinstall?
  • Did you RESET the Prepar3D Profile to default and THEN apply the 4SGSS settings?
  • Did you delete the shaders file after changing the settings and et them rebuild?

Unfortunately the AA in P3D does not match the AA in FSX so if you are using that as a comparison, it will fall short. Also, a lot depends on what you are looking at - runway piano keys or aircraft lines and edges. Different aircraft affect the AA differently.

Vic

Hi Vic. 

I have done all of what you said above. Could you list the settings you use please? 

Thanks, Noah    :smile:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nsg5g1fblhss0c4/Settings.zip

These are the settings I still use. The 8xcsaa setting is only for SLI so ignore that.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Noah,

Your choice of settings should work, as they seem to be the same as mine. I have 4x MSAA and 16x AF enabled in P3D, and "Enhance the Application Setting" and 4x SGSS in Nvidia Inspector. I am currently using the WHQL 347.52 graphics drivers.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What's the screen resolution of your monitor?

1920x1080

Noah,

Your choice of settings should work, as they seem to be the same as mine. I have 4x MSAA and 16x AF enabled in P3D, and "Enhance the Application Setting" and 4x SGSS in Nvidia Inspector. I am currently using the WHQL 347.52 graphics drivers.

Do you think my driver version could be affecting this. I'm currently using the latest Nvidia drivers.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nsg5g1fblhss0c4/Settings.zip

These are the settings I still use. The 8xcsaa setting is only for SLI so ignore that.

Vic

Hey Vic,

I really appreciate you sending over your cfg and profie. I haven't used the cfg yet but the profile works pretty good. It doesn't completely get rid of the jagged edges but it's good enough. Thanks a lot!

Noah

You're welcome Noah. At least it's a base you can start from. Start adjusting settings, one at a time and see if something changes and go from there.

Have fun!

Vic

Do you think my driver version could be affecting this. I'm currently using the latest Nvidia drivers.

It would be rather disappointing if the latest set of Nvidia graphics drivers had a problem with P3D v3. I tend to avoid upgrading graphics drivers until I really have to, so the fact that I am using 347.52 has nothing to do with compatibility. It's just because I am stubborn! :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It would be rather disappointing if the latest set of Nvidia graphics drivers had a problem with P3D v3. I tend to avoid upgrading graphics drivers until I really have to, so the fact that I am using 347.52 has nothing to do with compatibility. It's just because I am stubborn! :smile:

Over the years in flight simming, one of the first things I learned was not to test fly new GPU drivers unless the drivers I was using were problematic. I saved myself a great deal of grief, following that rule. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310