Hi Folks,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is seeing weather lately that is not true to life with ASN.

In the UK today we have a very low pressure and the clouds are scudding across the sky at a rate of knots lots of rain, however ASN just depicts this even with Enhance overcast select as massive clear blue sky patches with clouds and rain?

The other day thick Fog here to and ASN just gave clouds to 300 feet then totally clear yet visibility was 100 meters?

Anyone else not seeing a more realistic set of weather. I appreciate you will not see the life like weather that is out the window but this seems pretty of the mark.

All the Best

Mark

Hi Mark.

I haven't purchased ASN yet, but I used the seven day trial, and it worked mostly fine for me. However, I do fly in Canada, not the UK. The only problem I really encountered was when it was an extremely overcast day, and the clouds came up scattered instead. Other than that, it's worked like a charm for me the whole period of the trial.

Are you having any errors upon starting FSX? If so, it could be a problem to your FSX 3 main directories. I know once my fsx directory was set to the addon scenery folder, and that screwed up a whole lot for me.

Another thing that may cause the problem is if ASConnect is not able to run correctly. (Could be from a Security issue like a firewall)

Thanks, Ethan

Hello,

We had a period of about 8 hours last week where one server was providing stale weather, affecting a small percentage of users.  It has since been corrected.

If you are having a discrepancy it is useful to ensure you are running in LIVE mode and then compare a METAR for a given station.  If you can confirm a discrepancy, a support ticket or post in our forums would be appreciated.  Our support helpdesk is at http://support.hifitechinc.com .

Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I wasn't even aware of the shortage. Most probably that server wasn't the one used from here ( Portugal ), and ASN continued to work flawlessly as far as I can tell.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I wrote about this exact same thing the other day.  One answer I received was that the ASN server was out of service for a while. 

Check the included Jepp weather already in FSX.  I found it to be quite accurate lately and looks good with REX clouds.

Stan