Sign in to follow this  
pbandpickleboy

FSX CTD and now unable to open

I have no idea how FSCoPilot or FSInn are configured.  Sounds like that is your problem though and suggest you go to the VATSIM forums and see if they can resolve your configuration.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Should I talk to them about the FSUIPC error upon FSX startup? I'm not worried about FSCopilot and FSInn since they don't seem to be causing any issues, nor have they in the past.

There is one last thing I will try a little later when I get home. There's a chance I deleted the FSUIPC entries in the copy of dll.xml you suggested I make, not the actual dll.xml. I want to try deleting both entries again and deleting everything FSUIPC-related from the Modules folder. Then I'll reinstall FSUIPC again and see if anything changes.

Could you just clarify what you meant by moving any lines below the last line up first? Perhaps that's where the issue is.

If you're going to delete the FSUIPC entries and reinstall, make sure you delete them from DLL.XML and FSX.CFG. If I recall your thread at the FSUIPC forum you were running into a trust issue and if so you may want to delete the FSUIPC signatures out of FSX.CFG.

Just look for lines like this:

D:\Program Files\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.ecuuctwtrwehrhwwwlkwetokqarnachlwtcillrc=1

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I tried deleting/moving the FSUIPC Install log from the Modules folder and got an error this time. Here's a link to a picture of it.

http://i68.tinypic.com/96gw02.png

Thanks Luke for the suggestion. I never even thought of that. As soon as I can move or delete that final file, I will try deleting the entries from both dll.xml and fsx.cfg.

Is UAC on?

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Not sure - that error is either permissions or that there's something seriously wrong with the drive.

FWIW I always keep UAC on, but I ensure that FSX and other old software stays out of C:\Program Files.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

Both. Is that the only file you are having problems with? Try skipping it.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

That was the only file so I skipped it,

I reinstalled FSUIPC. It seemed like it might work this time as it didn't find any traces of previous versions.

However, as you can probably assume, I got the same error while starting FSX.

Take FSUIPC out of the equation for a few days. Is the sim stable without it?

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

It's worth trying for a flight or two. If the sim is unstable without FSUIPC, then I definitely see a reinstall in your future.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin