Hello,

In a moment for stupidity I went ahead and bought a new system last night. I could still cancel (I just need to let them know in about 15 hours) but could you let me know what you think of the system before I decide to go ahead with it or not? It's for P3D and for video / After Effects rendering. 

• Intel Core i7 6700K at 4.6GHz
  • Asus Z170-A
  • 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, 2666MHz, CAS 16-18-18-35 (can't find faster memory at 32GB)
  • 6GB EVGA GTX 980
  • 2 x SSDs
  • 1 x HDD

It seems like a great system and I’m sure I’ll be happy but I just want my mind put at rest as it is £1500 worth of kit.

Thanks for reading,

Mike

All good, but would definitely change for faster memory.  Go 16gb if needs be, but I would be wanting 3000mhz stuff at the least

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

All good, but would definitely change for faster memory.  Go 16gb if needs be, but I would be wanting 3000mhz stuff at the least

Yeah I agree here.

Lower it to 16 GB (plenty enough anyway) and go for higher frequency RAM. You will get slightly better performance out of this. 

Have a look Here

Adam

If they can fit Skylake specific RAM, GSkill Ripjaw V or Trident Z Even better.

I notice its the GTX980 not the 980Ti, pity you couldn't afford the later.

Thank you all! Will give them a call tomorrow and change the RAM.

And it's the 980Ti, not 980. My fault.

Appreciate all your comments.

Mike

Great then. 980Ti is an awesome card. I have one sitting right behind me ready for my build. EVGA Classified.