Sign in to follow this  
Sandy_Bridge

189 passengers on the 737-800?

Hi

I have been flying the NGX for as long as I can remember, and I recently joined Thomson Virtual (http://www.thomsonvirtual.co.uk/). They operate Boeing 737-800s with the "high density" seating layout, 189 seats. However, the single class layout on PMDG's 737-800NGX is only 174. Is it possible to increase the maximum amount of passengers to 189? I know that passengers are just weight and that I could input my desired ZFW directly, but when I book a flight I get the number of passengers, not a ZFW.

Thanks.

Mihkel Kiil

Hi,

Naturally What I'm writing is a my personal opinion and I respect all the opinions, differences etc, but I really can't understand, sometimes, the desires and the concerns of same users.

I.e. on last saturday (last week) I've spent two hours in a wonderful fixed base B738 trainer, a system with a projector giving a width angle of vision of 180°, wonderful sceneries, a faithful flight dynamics etc. etc. but naturally when I programmed the payload I inserted it as WEIGHT.

Now we're very lucky to have computer software as real as they get like ngx B738..and I've bought it firstly for studying and understanding the B738, FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THE PILOT, so I was interested in realistic flight dynamics,  having complete systems and gauges, a realistic CDU of FMC, a realistic "instructor station" giving me realistic failures variety with realistic failures to study..to deeply understand..realistic manuals..realistic controls feelings (this very difficuly by a joystick)..what am I interested "to see passenger" like when I book a flight? NOTHING ..ABSURD , A NONSENSE for me..also ina full motion level d B738 simulator costing tenths millions dollars you'd see your "passenger" like weight and center of gravity...if you're interested to see pax etc. problably this software it's not the one for you...on the contrary I need it for spending hundreds of hours in training..training..training..

Excuse me for me opinion but I can't understand: PMDG got us the best computer based software of the B737NG ..and someone complains of these absurd details...next time another person would coplain about the lack of real seats for the passengers or the lack of microwave owens..

It's really true that when you show the moon to some kind of people they look at your finger..

I do my apologizes for my "politically uncorrected" opinions

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

Ha! How long have you been waiting for a question for that answer. :wink:

• Upvote 2

James McLees

..what am I interested "to see passenger" like when I book a flight? NOTHING ..ABSURD , A NONSENSE for me..also ina full motion level d B738 simulator costing tenths millions dollars you'd see your "passenger" like weight and center of gravity...if you're interested to see pax etc. problably this software it's not the one for you...on the contrary I need it for spending hundreds of hours in training..training..training..

He's not complaining and he's not asking to "see" the passengers, he's asking whether there is a "high density" passenger version he can use when he flies for his VA because the flights they give him want him to load more than the standard 174 seats. He's probably trying to make his flights as realistic as he can. I don't understand why you've got your knickers in such a twist.

Who are you to say that this software isn't for him or that his request is "NOTHING, ABSURD, A NONSENSE" simply because he wants to fly it for fun or as a hobby and not use it to  spend "hundreds of hours training..training..training.

Good luck with your "training..training..training" :wink: 

• Upvote 4

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

Hi,

Naturally What I'm writing is a my personal opinion and I respect all the opinions, differences etc, but I really can't understand, sometimes, the desires and the concerns of same users.

I.e. on last saturday (last week) I've spent two hours in a wonderful fixed base B738 trainer, a system with a projector giving a width angle of vision of 180°, wonderful sceneries, a faithful flight dynamics etc. etc. but naturally when I programmed the payload I inserted it as WEIGHT.

Now we're very lucky to have computer software as real as they get like ngx B738..and I've bought it firstly for studying and understanding the B738, FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THE PILOT, so I was interested in realistic flight dynamics,  having complete systems and gauges, a realistic CDU of FMC, a realistic "instructor station" giving me realistic failures variety with realistic failures to study..to deeply understand..realistic manuals..realistic controls feelings (this very difficuly by a joystick)..what am I interested "to see passenger" like when I book a flight? NOTHING ..ABSURD , A NONSENSE for me..also ina full motion level d B738 simulator costing tenths millions dollars you'd see your "passenger" like weight and center of gravity...if you're interested to see pax etc. problably this software it's not the one for you...on the contrary I need it for spending hundreds of hours in training..training..training..

Excuse me for me opinion but I can't understand: PMDG got us the best computer based software of the B737NG ..and someone complains of these absurd details...next time another person would coplain about the lack of real seats for the passengers or the lack of microwave owens..

It's really true that when you show the moon to some kind of people they look at your finger..

I do my apologizes for my "politically uncorrected" opinions

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

if you don't like my question, there's no need to post a rant. what did you gain with this? nothing. I bought this software for myself, and I'm free to use it however I like as long as it does not violate the EULA, and I'm free to ask a question on a public forum about this software. Is asking if having the option to add more seats so I can set as many passengers as I like possible so absurd and nonsense?

I know that passengers are just weight and that I could input my desired ZFW directly, but when I book a flight I get the number of passengers, not a ZFW

• Upvote 2

Mihkel Kiil