Sign in to follow this  
klamal

Best Carenado single engine?

So, I'm looking for a single engine GA aircraft and have heard that Carenado, in this category, is among the best, if not the best for X-Plane.  I'm curious what do you consider is there best?  I am sort of leaning towards the A36 at the moment.  How is this particular aircraft?  Any reason not to buy it?

To throw another option in here too, I've also had my eye on the VFlyteAir Cirrus that just came out too.  If anyone has this too and can offer there opinions as to whether maybe I should buy it over anything from Carenado, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your time and opinions.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

If you're looking for best in terms of realism, the Airfoil Labs C172 is probably the best there is at this point.

Also in that category is Carenado's Centurion 210, as there is a Reality Expansion Pack for it. The F33A is getting one soon too.

• Upvote 2

Guest JustanotherPilot

A good utility aircraft with exceptional performance is the PC 12. Turboprop, cruise at FL280 at 250kts full IFR  or down low at 180kts in VFR and the ability to get into pretty well all strips. Good on looks and good on performance to boot

Carenado's Centurion 210, as there is a Reality Expansion Pack for it. The F33A is getting one soon too.

The Reality Expansion Pack has made the CT210 my favorite Carenado. I bought it because of REP and I will probably get the F33A as well when REP is available for that too. 

So, I'm looking for a single engine GA aircraft and have heard that Carenado, in this category, is among the best, if not the best for X-Plane.  I'm curious what do you consider is there best?  I am sort of leaning towards the A36 at the moment.  How is this particular aircraft?  Any reason not to buy it?

I haven't tried the A36, but the F33 was the first one I bought from Carenado and it's a fun, sporty plane to fly. I like the F33 over the A36 because I'm a fan of steam gauges over glass cockpits, but the A36 would be a good choice if you prefer the latter. The Centurion 210 mentioned above should be considered too, if you're a stickler for realism. 

My favorite of the Carenado planes I've bought is the C208 Caravan. It has a nice fast cruise speed compared to the smaller a/c, and can still sneak into the tiniest bush landing strips with a slow stall speed and prop reverse. It has a ton of great liveries available too. 

Another thing I like with the C208 is the great viewing area for sightseeing. It has a big forward view and pilot-side view under the wing. The PC12 is faster and sexier, but a little harder to sneak into small strips, and the viewing area isn't as good. I just wish the C208 had a floatplane option. It seems a shame not to offer that on a plane that's often used in that configuration, especially up here in the Pacific Northwest.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I have couple of Carenado products and I am EXTREMELY pleased with them.

For single engine props those are my favourites. Mind I won't be going into specifics (unless you REALLY want to hear them) as there are plenty of detailed reviews around, and me being rather inexperienced with the sims in general compared to majority of people here.

Pilatus PC-12 and Cessna 208 Grand Caravan.

Both are just OUTSTANDING by my (probably low?) standards. The only bad thing about those two, is the fact that liveries I am interested in are impossible to come by. The one you get are obviously high quality, just not what I am looking for. 

Unless you are looking for something even more in "GA" field, then maybe Bonanza F33A? I had a pleasure of "somewhat flying" one in real life and it feels really similar to what I got in X-Plane. 

I'm new to X-Plane and like you I wanted some single engine planes so I bought the VFlyteAir Cirrus SR20, the Arrow III, and Alabeo Cardinal. Right now I'm enjoying the Arrow III.

I have the Airfoil Labs C172 & Carenado 210 with RE Pack on my wish list.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks so far for the replies.  I've been checking out the recommendations but I still can't stop leaning towards the A36.  I'm not a fan of the cessnas so, while I've heard the same about the level of the Airfoil Labs, it's just not an aircraft I prefer.  Just personal preference/taste, that's all.  I will eventually get the Cirrus SR20 I think too.  But, for whatever reason, I keep getting drawn to the A36.  Is there any reason not to buy this aircraft?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

There's the Mirage - that always looked nice to me. Maybe I'll get it someday

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Another note for people with plenty of planes on their wishlists: Carenado (and other developers) have had fairly good sales for Black Friday as well as Christmas in the past. I remember the C208 being just 14,95 last year. Might be worth waiting if you're planning on buying a few.

• Upvote 1

I can definitely recommend the REP pack, it adds amazing realism and immersion. If you like the Beech products, try the F33 as the REP pack will support it soon.

• Upvote 1

Thanks again everyone. So I ended up getting the A36 for now and definitely like it so far(only 2 flights). I again appreciate all the suggestions and will keep my out for Black Friday sales where I will probably get more. I'm new to x-plane by about 6 weeks now and had heard of REP but didn't know exactly what it was. Definitely be interesting to check that out!

Totally loving X-Plane!!!! Has me seriously wondering, can we sell our P3D/FSX products? I'm assuming that's allowed but how does one go about doing that? :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

There's the Mirage - that always looked nice to me. Maybe I'll get it someday

OMG Ryan, This thing is a beauty!

Heading to KPIE.

Car_Malibu_Mirage_1.jpg

Car_Malibu_Mirage_2.jpg

Car_Malibu_Mirage_3.jpg

Car_Malibu_Mirage_4.jpg

Car_Malibu_Mirage_5.jpg

Car_Malibu_Mirage_6.jpg

Car_Malibu_Mirage_7.jpg

This is just a freakin' awesome simulator.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.