Sign in to follow this  
MadDogMan

Lear 35 OOM issue

Just purchased the Lear and absolutely loving it. Great job!  The only issue i have found so far doing some testing.

Day flight in ORBX area with things turned up. No issues at all.

The second i go to night and turn on ANY dimmers in the cockpit within mintues i start to run out of memory and eventually will crash.

Its for sure a issue with the plane and not my PC as i have Never had a OOM.

Otherwise i am really loving this plane! amazing job. I plan on flying this thing for many years to come.

My specs.

Windows 8.1 64bit

P3D 2.5

i7-4770 3.8

32 GB  Ram

GTX 760 3 GB

Yorik C

Same here:

Testing in day situation. VAS when starting at e.g. PAYA is around 2.2Gb. When selecting the Lear, it drops to 1.1Gb in an instant. Looking around in cockpit and going outside  view, it drops to 800MB. Flying around for around 15-20 minutes it drops to 220MB with the dreaded beeping from my system and OOM.

Love the plane, but VAS usage is a bit on the heavy side.

System:
I7 3770 at 4.3Ghz
16MB RAM
Gforce GTX 970  4GBVRAM
Win10/FSX ACC

RobdeVries.jpg

It's mentioned on their Facebook page.  They acknowledge that the approach to dimming lights they used, uses a ton of VAS.    If you don't use any of the dimmable lights, you'll never see an OOM (within reason).  But use of the dimmers puts you into risky territory.

I always tend to fly through the day so it doesn't directly bother me, but I think that in their striving to make the lighting really top notch, they may have comprimised stability a bit too much here, with the VAS load.

I think it may be useful for them to provide an option to remove the dimmable lighting, and have a more standardized approach.     - at least as an option.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

There were two Learjet's in development which one are folks referring to here? I don't see any release news? I'm looking to buy something tonight, my wife is out of town :smile:

Cheers - Martin

I also like this aircraft but the dimmer lights should not use this much VAS. I have no issues in other aircraft with dimmers so I'm not sure why this one is different.

nice looking bird

Does the model have a very poor quality fs9 like VC? like there Cessna 441? I would buy it but They only have a few VC pictures and a bunch of external pictures.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Alright, Thanks for the replies. They for sure need to make some changes with the light usage or memory usage. Otherwise. LOVE it. Just flying around with the memory warning beeping.

Can we keep this on topic please. Read e.g. AirdailyX for news regarding the relaese. It is of poor taste to ask about releases of other developers in a Flysimware forum in a support thread.

• Upvote 1

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest BeaverDriver

It's mentioned on their Facebook page.  They acknowledge that the approach to dimming lights they used, uses a ton of VAS.    If you don't use any of the dimmable lights, you'll never see an OOM (within reason).  But use of the dimmers puts you into risky territory.

I always tend to fly through the day so it doesn't directly bother me, but I think that in their striving to make the lighting really top notch, they may have comprimised stability a bit too much here, with the VAS load.

I think it may be useful for them to provide an option to remove the dimmable lighting, and have a more standardized approach.     - at least as an option.

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing (OOM) and agree with your suggestion. For now though, you recommend not using any of the dimmers. I'm only seeing the row of switches by the pilot's elbow, but they all seem to be dimming switches (all are rheostats). The most forward one is actually marked "Dimmer". Is that the only switch you need to avoid, or do you need to avoid all switches in that bank? If so, are there "on/off" switches located elsewhere that I haven't found yet so you can still fly at night?

Many thanks for your help.

Glenn

Well, After the version 1.0 i still have pretty quick OOM issues with this plane. Never had one in my history of P3D or on this PC for almost 2 years. Hope they can get this fixed as i enjoy flying at night.

I had it with the beta, on a day flight from KMRY to KRDD(ORBX scenery). At this moment I had no lights on.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing (OOM) and agree with your suggestion. For now though, you recommend not using any of the dimmers. I'm only seeing the row of switches by the pilot's elbow, but they all seem to be dimming switches (all are rheostats). The most forward one is actually marked "Dimmer". Is that the only switch you need to avoid, or do you need to avoid all switches in that bank? If so, are there "on/off" switches located elsewhere that I haven't found yet so you can still fly at night?

Many thanks for your help.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Honest answer is, I'm not sure.   I never used any internal lighting on my flights so far, and unfortunately I'm currently away on business and don't have access to my sim (always painful!).   I'll check when I'm home (unless someone else can chime in before).

I had it with the beta, on a day flight from KMRY to KRDD(ORBX scenery). At this moment I had no lights on.

This is a little worrying - perhaps the dimmable light coding is swallowing VAS resources even when passive.  If so, as much as I really love this aircraft, FSW really should provide at least an option to remove this lighting approach.    I get what they were trying to do (their Facebook page states they were trying to offer something truly unique and I respect that), but VAS can be a dealbreaker, and I'm worried for them that a lot of people will be put off this plane, reading these early reports of VAS problems.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I agree JYW it can be a dealbreaker :mad: furthermore some people are very relunctant(we saw that on AirDailyX recently)to buy Flysimware products ! Too bad the plane is just fantastic! I'm gonna make some training today at KSTS with V1 to see if it happens again!

• Upvote 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

The plane is great, but it's a bit heavy on my system. Fps between 16/20 in default scenery. The Mu2 and the 441 runs above 40 fps at the same conditions.

Mauricio Brentano