Sign in to follow this  
MadDogMan

Lear 35 OOM issue

In prepar3d v3 I,m not having that problem, as you said maybe they should try to offer a less memory ussage option with the cockpit lights for fsx users.

Too bad, what I feared happened, same OOM issue :mad: . I was making some circuits(The handling is pure joy )at KSTS(ORBX), ASN off, when after 3 circuits the problem happened! This is a serious issue that will penalyze this beautiful plane and need a serious investigation. 

At the moment it happened I had no cockpit lights on. I just used the landing lights for the final!

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Guest BeaverDriver

Thanks for your reply JYW.

This is rather worrying. Now, I did do a night flight early this morning that lasted about a half hour in an Orbx fat region and used all the lights EXCEPT I didn't touch the one marked "Dimmer" (or "Dimming" - I forget the exact verbage). I had no issues on this flight at all, with apparently a very fluid run (a little hard to tell as I couldn't see much of the ground). They have a file you can download from their site now to help reduce the VAS, which may or may not be part of V1.0, but it might be worth a try to install it anyway. Hopefully it is just the interior lighting and nothing else, but it sounds like it could be a little more than that if people are starting to see it in daylight.

One thing I do know that can really hit you is if you do a lot of "stepping outside" and then coming back in again. I know of simmers who have had crashes under fairly benign conditions by doing a lot of view swapping during a flight. For those having issues during the day, try limiting your view swapping and see how things go.

Incidentally, I'm in FSX Deluxe, in case that matters (and it might). Forgot to say that earlier.

By the by, I tried the landing lights today for the first time. Anybody know a good Opthamologist :P ? I think I may qualify for being legally blind now <LOL>.

PS - Pat - did you try the lights at all during your flight? You say you didn't have them on at the time of the crash, but once they've been on, they may "stick" in memory. I'm not certain of that, but when I had my OOM, mine weren't on at the time either, but they had been and I had been playing around quite a bit with the settings. Just a thought.

Hi BeaverDriver!

I just tried another time few minutes ago and the OOM shut down  FSX. I never had this problem before with lots of planes including Duke, Duke Turbine, Legacy, Lear 24, Piper Cheyenne II and so on...Anyway I never touched, for the time being the cockpit lights(I perform just day circuits and ILS). I used the external, bcn, strobes, landing lights. Where did you find on their site the file to download, I checked everywhere but found nothing?

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Can you guys use the product page and send a message to Flysimware about this issue. I have a help ticket going and it seems they havent heard about any OOm issues at all besides mine. They need some feedback before they will make a fix . Just use the contact link on there website.

Since this is "unofficial" support our info isnt helping.

IPG1939 you're right, I'm gonna do it :wink:

Patrick Mussotte

Guest BeaverDriver

Can you guys use the product page and send a message to Flysimware about this issue. I have a help ticket going and it seems they havent heard about any OOm issues at all besides mine. They need some feedback before they will make a fix . Just use the contact link on there website.

Since this is "unofficial" support our info isnt helping.

That's a very good idea. I hope they told you this prior to yesterday Yorick, because I've been in touch with them as of yesterday and sent a follow-up message this morning on this matter (and the ADI which needs calibrating). They have (at least now) heard about this from more than just you, so if they are saying otherwise and you have been in touch with them since early yesterday, then you aren't getting accurate information. I agree - we need to make this known to them through their ticket system for sure, but let's keep up a dialogue here as well. It's not impossible (in fact, given Pat's info, it's probable) that this issue isn't necessarily the lights at all, but something behind the scenes. The more info we can pool here, the better the info we can give Flysimware via the ticket system which hopefully will lead to a faster and maybe more accurate fix.

@Pat - that's discouraging alright. It's the same for me. I've been flying FSX for almost 9 years now and this is the first OOM I've had as well. They definitely need to do some serious research into this, but I'm a little surprised they didn't see it on their machines as well. This doesn't sound like an isolated incident. Please keep flying it as much as possible if you can and document failures as you come across them. I'll do likewise, but I have to tell you, I have a bit of a short attention span for this sort of thing. If this is reasonably widespread, then they should have addressed this in beta and not after release. As one fellow admitted (quite correctly), something like this can really kill sales of an otherwise really great aircraft. Were this not a Lear 35, I might already have shelved it with a request for a refund. However, if Flysimware treats this seriously and listens to us, I'm quite willing to help in troubleshooting and give them a chance to find a permanent (and effective) fix for it. Let's hope that's forthcoming.

That's a very good idea. I hope they told you this prior to yesterday Yorick, because I've been in touch with them as of yesterday and sent a follow-up message this morning on this matter (and the ADI which needs calibrating). They have (at least now) heard about this from more than just you, so if they are saying otherwise and you have been in touch with them since early yesterday, then you aren't getting accurate information. I agree - we need to make this known to them through their ticket system for sure, but let's keep up a dialogue here as well. It's not impossible (in fact, given Pat's info, it's probable) that this issue isn't necessarily the lights at all, but something behind the scenes. The more info we can pool here, the better the info we can give Flysimware via the ticket system which hopefully will lead to a faster and maybe more accurate fix.

@Pat - that's discouraging alright. It's the same for me. I've been flying FSX for almost 9 years now and this is the first OOM I've had as well. They definitely need to do some serious research into this, but I'm a little surprised they didn't see it on their machines as well. This doesn't sound like an isolated incident. Please keep flying it as much as possible if you can and document failures as you come across them. I'll do likewise, but I have to tell you, I have a bit of a short attention span for this sort of thing. If this is reasonably widespread, then they should have addressed this in beta and not after release. As one fellow admitted (quite correctly), something like this can really kill sales of an otherwise really great aircraft. Were this not a Lear 35, I might already have shelved it with a request for a refund. However, if Flysimware treats this seriously and listens to us, I'm quite willing to help in troubleshooting and give them a chance to find a permanent (and effective) fix for it. Let's hope that's forthcoming.

I agree with you BeaverDriver! We have to insist(I sent a message to Flysimware as suggested wisely IPG1939), I'm pretty sure we are not alone with this problem! Too bad because this is otherwise a fantastic plane to fly.

Best regards

Patrick Mussotte

Check out the product page folks. There are already a couple of different fixes up to address the dimmer/VAS issue. One being the above mentioned lights on/off solution. Check them out and see how they work for you. But don't hesitate to email mark either. I think you will all find he is one of, if not the most, accessible developers in the business. He genuinely cares about you guys and your level of satisfaction. Take care.

http://flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A.html

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Guest BeaverDriver

Check out the product page folks. There are already a couple of different fixes up to address the dimmer/VAS issue. One being the above mentioned lights on/off solution. Check them out and see how they work for you. But don't hesitate to email mark either. I think you will all find he is one of, if not the most, accessible developers in the business. He genuinely cares about you guys and your level of satisfaction. Take care.

http://flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A.html

Oh for sure Matt. I have mentioned about the downloads available and will try them tonight, and I believe others have noted it as well.

I agree with you regarding Mark. If I didn't, I'd already be asking for a refund. I don't think anyone here is interested in hanging Flysimware over this :wink: . I don't know of anyone who doesn't like this plane (at least of those posted here), and who isn't willing to try and help solve this problem. This is a more systems-heavy airplane than most and there are bound to be oddball bugs because of that. I'll bet that if we solve this, the next release won't have this problem at all, so it's worth pursuing a fix for sure. I hope if Mark has read this thread, he's not interpreted anything here as being overly critical of Flysimware. That's certainly not my intent, and I don't believe it's anyone's intent here. Of one thing Flysimware can be sure - if the airplane wasn't worth fixing, we wouldn't be here :wink: .

Thanks Matt. I'm sure this will get resolved.

Glenn

Yea, I am just wanting the memory issue fixed. I have NO want to return this product or give up on it. I am new to Flysimware and so far really appreciate the care they have for the systems and returning emails about issues with products. 

I am not here to beat down the product. I am here to help us get this thing sorted because i am ready to fly my medevac flights in this beautiful bird. 

The idea of the lights on and off i will try tonight with the patch download, I don't think this is a permanent fix as OOM's don't happen on my PC unless using this plane, Something else needs to be changed or a possible leak might be occurring. 

As far as the Lear issues , Its defiantly a issue of memory leak with something. Here is the response i received last night from them.

""Dear Customer,

"The VAS was 800 MB above all average aircraft and would run at 1.8GB instead of 1GB. With V1.0 it's not 1.2GB VAS and this is thew best we can do without removing the dimmers. This is only 200mb more then my MU or any standard payware aircraft. Also it's less than a PMDG VAS usage now. So i am shocked the 1.2MB VAS is giving you trouble as wqe never had any complaints with our MU at 1MB VAS. I also have not heard any VAS issues from many customers even before the V1.0 update. So far only you have mentioned this so keep me updated as i think we are ok with this VAS usage right now."

Regards,
Customer service
Flysimware Simulation Software""".

Brilliant to have the option to remove the dimming lights - great (and fast!) service guys!

I'm flying her in P3Dv3 and hadn't had the OOM, but with limited testing / flying as yet.

She's a fantastic flyer!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thank you Matt :wink: !

I'll try the patch tomorrow! This is a wonderful bird and it deserves the best, I mean a lot of fans :smile:

Cheers

Patrick Mussotte

I will try to contact them and see if they can fix the taxi/landing lights in prepar3d v3, really too bright, just to know, is there the same problem in fsx?

Guest BeaverDriver

I will try to contact them and see if they can fix the taxi/landing lights in prepar3d v3, really too bright, just to know, is there the same problem in fsx?

Not as long as you are wearing welder's goggles :P . In other words, yes. It is a problem in FSX too.