Sign in to follow this  
MadDogMan

Lear 35 OOM issue

V1.0 reduces the OOM 800MB and this way most users can still use the dimmers lights. Also it does not matter if you use the lights or fly at night, what matters is the amount of range in the dimmers. So if you still have issues with V1.0 you can simply use our patch which makes the dimmers have 1 position, full bright. This put the OOM to a normal amount which is the same as all of our other aircraft. 

Landing lights are default but i might be able to reduce the brightness and will be looking into that tonight. The only other issue we have found is the ADI is off by 2 degrees when sitting on the runway. We are fixing this as well.

Thanks for the feedback and support!

Guest BeaverDriver

Well, I did my test flight tonight from Victoria (CYYJ) to Redding (KRDD). I ended up with the OOM, although it didn't actually crash until I was shutting down. I did a minimum of swapping views. My lights were on during the last 3rd of the flight. It was soon after that I got the warning sounds for the OOM, although as I say, it didn't actually crash until I was on the ground.

I did not have the patch that is currently on the site that Mark mentions above, so I will install that tonight and do another flight with it in place tomorrow night. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for the input here Mark.

Glenn

Guest BeaverDriver

Well folks, I'm sorry to say the patch for the dimming circuit didn't work for me. I just did a flight from Trondheim (ENVA) to Bergen (ENBR) at night and all was good until I landed (same as with the trip to Redding). Once I got on the ground where there were runway lights and whatnot, I got the warning sounds of an impending crash.

Not sure what to say at this point. I don't think it's the lights now. As Mark said, the VAS on those is down to about what every other aircraft is. There's something going on in there, whether it's a leak or what I don't know. As with the rest of you, this is only happening with this one aircraft, so I'm stumped. Hopefully something comes to light before too long. I'm not sure what else I can do at my end now. I'm open to ideas of course.

V1.1 will be available tomorrow and has new shockwave landing and taxi lights. The landing and taxi lights are not so bright now. I adjusted the ADI so it should calibrated when on the runway.

Beaver you say you only got a warning as the new airport was loading this might be normal as most do not have a warning sound installed. Let me know if it actually crashes because your using a very low amount of memory with the patch and i can only say you must be using some heavy payware airports as our testing shows V1.0 works fine and the patch is not needed.

Beaver - Remind me (sorry if you've already mentioned it earlier in the thread), are you using the Lear in FSX ?

I'm in P3Dv3 and made some flights this morning - all in some pretty demanding Orbx PNW scenery and airports.   I done two legs without the patch, and then two with the patch, and never got any OOM or warnings on any (and I have a pretty modest system;  (i7 2600 3.4Ghz, GTX670 2GB).

So I am wondering if the memory issue is specific to FSX, and doesn't occur in P3Dv3? ..... that's pretty frustrating for FSX users, but at least, if proven, it can help FSW to investigate the issue.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Guest BeaverDriver

V1.1 will be available tomorrow and has new shockwave landing and taxi lights. The landing and taxi lights are not so bright now. I adjusted the ADI so it should calibrated when on the runway.

Beaver you say you only got a warning as the new airport was loading this might be normal as most do not have a warning sound installed. Let me know if it actually crashes because your using a very low amount of memory with the patch and i can only say you must be using some heavy payware airports as our testing shows V1.0 works fine and the patch is not needed.

The sound is, I presume, a Windows 7 default sound as I've not added anything to the OS for that. In the case of Redding, it did crash. In Bergen, I bailed once I got the warning sounds. Maybe I should have let it go, but the only times I've ever heard that sound (and I'm pretty sure it's not a sound coming from the aircraft) is near the end of a flight with the Lear.

In the case of Redding, I took off from a heavy add-on airport (CYYJ) and landed at an Orbx payware airport, and flew over the "terrible triangle" (Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria) in PNW, so yes it was a "heavy" flight. However, it's one I've done in the PMDG 737 and several of the "heavier" Carenado aircraft, which are known to be hard on systems. On any of those flights I've never received that warning sound nor any OOM's.

On the Norwegian flight, the airports were Orbx default in their fat region. That was much less taxing than the Redding flight. As I say, I probably should have let it go until I actually got the crash.

Hope that helps.

Beaver - Remind me (sorry if you've already mentioned it earlier in the thread), are you using the Lear in FSX ?

I'm in P3Dv3 and made some flights this morning - all in some pretty demanding Orbx PNW scenery and airports.   I done two legs without the patch, and then two with the patch, and never got any OOM or warnings on any (and I have a pretty modest system;  (i7 2600 3.4Ghz, GTX670 2GB).

So I am wondering if the memory issue is specific to FSX, and doesn't occur in P3Dv3? ..... that's pretty frustrating for FSX users, but at least, if proven, it can help FSW to investigate the issue.

JYW - yes, I'm using FSX. My system is similar, if not a bit beefier than yours.

I'll see if I can find the wav file in my system that's playing to confirm what I heard was an OOM warning, and maybe those who have had the OOM can confirm they are getting a wav file playing prior to a crash as well please. Additionally, I'll refly the flight tonight but drop my settings slightly and see what happens.

Thanks for the help folks. Appreciate it.

As far as I can remember I did not hear the sound(I see which one you're talking)everytime the game shut down abruptly with the "Windows message warning". I too use "heavy ORBX sceneries" with lots of differents Carenado, Alabeo, A2A, RealAir birds and this problem is new to me. I'm gonna try some training this afternoon with V1 plus patch to see if it happens again.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Guest BeaverDriver

Yeah, the sound I get frequently prior to the crash is the "Exclamation" sound (you can hear it by going to Control Panel>Sounds and scrolling down the list to Exclamation, and then hitting the "Test" button - this is Windows 7-64).

I run all those aircraft as well Pat, and have done the Victoria to Redding flight several times (including in the F1 King Air, which is very heavy on the system). Let me know how you make out later today and as I say, I'll re-run my Bergen flight (which is not hard on the system) and see how that goes.

Thanks for your input. We'll get to the bottom of this yet :wink:

By the by, my system is a Win7-64 with 16GB RAM (not that FSX cares :D ), GTX 650 TI video and gobs of HD space, with FSX running on a separate (internal) hard drive.

The "sound" is a warning that can be enabled in FSUIPC to warn of an imminent OOM error.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Guest BeaverDriver

The "sound" is a warning that can be enabled in FSUIPC to warn of an imminent OOM error.

Ahh, ok. That helps greatly as it does confirm that I'm about to get an OOM, if it hasn't already happened. I do have the registered version of FSUIPC, and although I haven't consciously turned it on, it might be that it's defaulted to the ON position. So that means last night's flight to Bergen was going to produce an OOM had I kept going.

Unfortunately it also means that despite the patch, I'm still having OOM issues with the aircraft. Without changing something fairly significant, this will continue. I'm not too sure what to do next. I could turn down my other settings I suppose, but given everything else works fine, I'm not changing my setup for one add-on. I'll try the flight again, but in another aircraft that I know is system heavy on my machine to make sure that something else hasn't gone awry and it was just coincidence that it showed up when I started flying the Lear.

Thanks very much for your help.

Well, my testing has been done in P3D 2.5 in ORBX PNW. Yes this is a memory using areas but i have been flying planes like the F1 kingair and realair turbine duke v2, a2a 182 and the list go's on. I can get in the lear, load at a random airport in oregon. Set up my flight and make it about 250 nm in any direction before i get the memory warning noise beeping. Have Never heard this on my current sim set up prior. Tonight i will try the lights on/off patch and see if it helps. It really seems like a memory leak is present with this aircraft. At least on my install.

Guest BeaverDriver

That is VERY interesting Yorik. I never noticed, but of the flights I've done, the ones that went 250 nm or further were the ones that crashed. I did one flight of 100 nm and it didn't. That flight was at night.

I totally agree - I suspect there is a memory leak and while the lights may exacerbate the situation, I don't think they are the cause. Please let us know what you find out with your testing. Thanks!

Guest BeaverDriver

OK, sorry, but enough already. I prepared my flight for the short run to Kristiansand from Bergen. On the way out to the runway, I found I had no control over the trim. Hydraulic pressure was good (although I'm pretty certain this is an electric trim), the Trim switch was in the PRI position, etc. Nothing would move it. Not my yoke switch, NUM 1 or 7 (Num lock was off), not the aux trim switch on the pedestal, nothing. I figured I'd try to fly it anyway and get it on A/P as soon as possible and then it would take over the trim. It didn't. The airplane was out of control. This flight was about how long a flight it would take to get an OOM anyway, so I knew from the beginning either this, or (more likely) the next flight was going to end in an OOM (all but one short flight have so far, as noted). So I'm sorry, but there's only so much time I'm willing to devote to trying to make an FS addon work. That time just got exceeded.

Now, I am going to do that flight in another aircraft that I know is heavy on systems, as promised, to make sure the OOM's aren't just coincidental with the Lear. If I get an OOM with one of those (all settings will be the same), then I will make sure to post back here and make very clear that the problem isn't with the Lear. If you don't see a post from me in this thread later tonight though, then the situation will be that the OOM's are occuring with the Lear and not my system/other aircraft.

Thanks for all the input. Yorik and Pat - hope you get your problem sorted. I'm rooting for you.

Mr. Beaver, was it with a new installed patch? Like the light on/off one? Or do you think the plane just loaded wrong on that flight?

Guest BeaverDriver

I think it just loaded wrong. I had the patch loaded for last night's flight and had no trouble with the trim. I believe I read elsewhere on here that someone had a problem getting the pitch trim to work but I wasn't sure if that was because he didn't have the Pitch Trim Switch set to the Primary position. Incidentally, I cycled the switch several times but that didn't help.

By the by, I just did a 260 nm flight in the Turbine Duke at night from Bergen to Trondheim (same flight as last night but in reverse - heavier scenery going this way due to overflying Trondheim on the approach). Not a hint of a problem. Nice and fluid all the way, and certainly no OOM warnings. I'm afraid the issue is with a memory leak and while the interior lights may exacerbate the situation, I don't believe they are the cause. I'll be interested to see how your flight goes.

Thanks for the input Yorik.