Sign in to follow this  
MadDogMan

Lear 35 OOM issue

No BeaverDriver! Download the latest version of the game(at the moment V1.1) and patch it :wink:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Guest BeaverDriver

@Pat - Gotcha. Thanks B)

@Yorik - Pilot to Copilot:  "Man, look how short this runway is!"

Copilot to Pilot:  "Yeah, but is it ever WIDE!!"

:Big Grin:

Nice pic!

Guest BeaverDriver

Guys, I've had something come up which is going to keep me away from here for a while (no, I haven't been arrested ^_^ ). I won't be of much help then with this issue unfortunately, but I'll check in whenever I can to see what updates might be available. Good luck with this. It's been a hoot chatting with you.

Later! :smile:

With respect to the gyro drift, I notice in the aircraft.cfg, you have the [direction_indicator] for the gyro set to "2". If you set it to "3", that gives you a slaved gyro and there is no drift. If you are referring to the HSI gyro (which is a slaved unit IRL), then that might solve a couple of problems in one shot (plus no extra coding required). I'm not sure if that's what you were referring to, but I thought I'd mention it. Hope it helps.

Oh, by the by, on the mag compass? I'm not sure what bug was picked up on that (I've not seen it, but I've not been looking for it either), but I found IRL if I hung a small magnet on the compass itself, the oscillations stopped completely and it was nice and steady. PLUS, you never had any trouble flying north because no matter which way you went, you were always headed north :Tounge:  (OK, for those who aren't real pilots, I'm just kidding here :lol: )

Yes we want 3 since we need it slaved to the magnetic compass since the switch on pilots panel is slaved. When you move the switch down to free and use the L & R switch you can manually rotate the card and the heading will no longer be slaved

Ok for the compass i found the mistake. Since i had made a new model for it i had animated it backwards. This fix will be in V1.2

Version 1.1 i posted that i calibrated the ADI. I thought a customer was saying the calibration was off 5 degrees and i noticed it was off by 2 degrees. But what he was saying is the top of the yellow FD post is sitting on the 5 degree line. I thought the bottom of the post was the center. So not only did i fix the ATT pitch card by 2 degrees but on our next version i have lowered the FD post so the top is the center line.

I read a few posts on other sites who are mentioning this thread. I want those readers to know that 99% of our customers (Over 70 customers so far) have not emailed me on any issues. 1% have emailed about a few minor bugs that have been fixed. And 2 or 3 customers from this thread are the only ones that have a VAS issue which is because FSX only gives you 4GB total in memory. Our model uses a max of 1.2GB and with our patch if needed uses 800MB of VAS. This is normal for payware aircraft and we have no evidence of a memory leak as aircraft do not flood memory, they just start with high VAS. We gave a copy to Bill a very good developer who is doing a test on VAS usage. 

So anyone holding back should not worry since only 3 customers have posted that are getting sound warnings from their VAS program and maybe 1 customer has had a real FSX crash when he flew 250NM. I would not base your decision off of 3 customers who admitted they are using high settings and payware scenery which leads to VAS crashes. If there was a real issue with memory i would have 50% of customers emailing. i have received 2 emails on this topic and they are customers from this thread.

3 major factors about this product. Sounds good (Turbine Sound Studio sounds) Looks good (New program for AO effects and i paid an artist to age the VC) Fly's good (We have designed the systems exactly like the tech manual for extreme realism).

I will be posting news from Bill soon! Version 1.2 is available and update info is on out product page!

I read a few posts on other sites who are mentioning this thread. I want those readers to know that 99% of our customers (Over 70 customers so far) have not emailed me on any issues. 1% have emailed about a few minor bugs that have been fixed. And 2 or 3 customers from this thread are the only ones that have a VAS issue which is because FSX only gives you 4GB total in memory. Our model uses a max of 1.2GB and with our patch if needed uses 800MB of VAS. This is normal for payware aircraft and we have no evidence of a memory leak as aircraft do not flood memory, they just start with high VAS. We gave a copy to Bill a very good developer who is doing a test on VAS usage. 

So anyone holding back should not worry since only 3 customers have posted that are getting sound warnings from their VAS program and maybe 1 customer has had a real FSX crash when he flew 250NM. I would not base your decision off of 3 customers who admitted they are using high settings and payware scenery which leads to VAS crashes. If there was a real issue with memory i would have 50% of customers emailing. i have received 2 emails on this topic and they are customers from this thread.

3 major factors about this product. Sounds good (Turbine Sound Studio sounds) Looks good (New program for AO effects and i paid an artist to age the VC) Fly's good (We have designed the systems exactly like the tech manual for extreme realism).

I will be posting news from Bill soon! Version 1.2 is available and update info is on out product page!

I'm guessing that would be me?...I would be one of those to join the "3" that use high settings. I will end up getting the Lear, no doubt about it. But if you read the other site thread you'll understand why I'm going to wait. You are doing an outstanding job by getting on this and getting the issue's fixed quickly. And to me that means a lot.

First of all I will not thank enough Flysimware for this awesome plane.

I'm deeply sorry that people are very reluctant to buy it, particularly if they read the thread. They are wrong IMO, they should see that Flysimware did a tremendous work to iron out the bugs, in a very short time, we(The "3")encountered . My opinion is this addon is the best Learjet available now to FSX and P3D(I have the other 2). As a former flight engineer, I know pretty well that even real planes are plagued by issues. Just a quick look in the forum of the other developpers showed me that even PMDG or Carenado planes have issues. Unfortunately as Flysimware don't have an official forum in the style of Milvyz or Flight1, we have talked about these issues here. What just bother me a little bit is that I have the feeling to be treated llike some sort of "pariah"because of theses issues despite the fact that I'm a supporter and a customer of Flysimware. But I'm pretty sure this"feeling" will not last long, I wanted just to say my humble opinion about that.

Case closed for me

Best regards

Patrick Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Guest BeaverDriver

Woah! Hold the phone here a second guys! I've been singing your praises, and now it looks like those of us with the problem are getting "blown off". This isn't fair. You say that only 1 of us has had the OOM crash. Well, try counting again. There are 4 of us (that we know of) who have reported them here:  IPG (who first reported the problem), Holland_Holland, myself and Pat (in the order of reporting here). It's easy to confirm that by going back and reading this thread from the beginning. You emailed me (regarding my ticket) that "So you will find only some customers with high VAS usage will have this issue as i believe there is nothing to fix." I'm not going to post the entire email here because I believe emails are confidential, even if in reply to a problem about a product to a commercial developer. So, those of us who do have a problem aren't going to get it fixed? You said that it's only customers using heavy scenery that are getting it, and you told me (in your email) that it wasn't fair to compare this aircraft with another commercial product. Why not? The other aircrafts are, according to what you said, heavier in VAS useage than your Lear. If that's the case, then why would I see OOM's with your aircraft but not with theirs? And yes, I do fly in heavy scenery for sure, and yes, I fly your 441 in those same areas with no problems. So do a lot of other people who flight sim. Are you telling us that we can run your aircraft, so long as we stick to light scenery areas? If so, that needs to be explained fully on your front page so we know ahead of time whether we should be purchasing your aircraft or not ("if you run heavy scenery, don't buy the aircraft" is the message here).

Look I understand new aircraft are going to have bugs, particularly those modeled as deeply as yours. I agree with Pat that this (currently) is the best Lear out there, but I do NOT want to be dissmissed if I have a problem and you "believe there is nothing to fix". I am a customer (soon to be former customer, if this is going to be your stance on this) and I either deserve to have the problem rectified, or be fully refunded. Now I understand you have been working on fixing bugs, as you should. Laudible but hardly unexpected. Other issues are being fixed, and in a very timely manner. That's good. However, that's cold comfort if I can only do a flight of less than 250 nm with an aircraft that is used in air ambulance work for trans-oceanic flights (I can provide RW examples if people insist). If every time I go up I'm waiting for an OOM alert (which will surely be followed by a crash shortly thereafter), that's hardly a reliable product.

I'm not here to tell people to stay away from your product. I think in time it will be a truly outstanding airplane. But you'd better be very careful when you tell a paying customer that he's an isolated case and therefore there's nothing to fix. That's unfair and a guaranteed way to chase away business. You're your own worst enemy if you do that. Now I will try the latest patches to see if my problem is any better. If it is, then I will let it be known here that the situation with the OOM's is resolved. Fair is fair. If it isn't, and there is no further work being done on this issue, then I will apply for a refund.

Glenn

First, I want to commend Flysimware for their excellent customer service.  And this (version 1.2) is absolutely the best Lear ever produced for Flight Sim IMO.  However, regarding the OOM issues, I don't think Flysimware has a complete picture and it's not their fault.  I have had the problem, but I didn't report it.   I should have.  How many others have had the problem?  Who knows.  Glad to hear Bill is testing the product though.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest BeaverDriver

Well, I was going to test out V1.2. Unfortunately, I can't get the trim to work again. At all. Even reloading the aircraft didn't help.