Sign in to follow this  

F1 KingAir B200 for P3D V3?

I was about to purchase and noticed it said for P3D V1.4 ... after some searching it appears the F1 B200 does support V2.x also.  However, access to F1 B200 forums are restricted until after purchase ... I heard a rumor they have an update out for V3?   Accurate?

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, they just released their updated installer for P3D v3.0, I think they support v2.-xx to v3.0.

I have it in P3D v2.4 and just love it, Great plane !

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the very quick response Martin, purchasing now.

Cheers, Rob.

It's actually a bit of unfortunate version numbering, the P3D King Air version is 1.4...I was confused the first time I saw it too and thought it was referring to the P3D version.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Regis9 beat me to it regarding the version number explanation. Enjoy it, Rob. It is a such a great airplane. The Blackhawk conversion and G1000 really set it apart. Still A little taxing on my rather modest system, but it really highlights the optimizations done in P3D v3. I take a hit in overall frame rate, but everything is smooth and consistent vs.v2.x.

Chris

Ran a few test flights, like the depth in the aircraft, but it does seem to have a few issues in P3D V3 on my system:

1.  Engine fires for no apparent reason
2.  Alarms that come on and don't go off for no apparent reason, no warning indicators come on
3.  VC lights that don't go on until it's night, click them and nothing happens during the day
4.  No dim/bright controls on the MFDs
5.  All kinds of errors show up in the P3D ContentErrorLog, some look significant
6.  Strange sounds that stay active even when accessing P3D menus/screens
7.  no brightness control on the MFD and/or G1000
8.  Missing sounds
9.  Landing lights and taxi lights that don't illuminate the ground

I've posted over in F1 B200 forum, hopefully Jim R. gets time to take a look.  In the meantime anyone else have these issues or is it unique to my setup?

But with those issues aside, there is still a lot of great functionality and depth of systems ... aircraft model is very well done, very good with VAS, fast, but floats very well.  It's an impressive rendition of the B200 ... back to flying it.

Cheers, Rob.

Issue with #1 ... user error :blush: ... I must have hit the Fire System test knob by mistake.

Just checked that I did indeed download and install the P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

This was the only aircraft that I had for FSX that was (in my case, subjectively) quite a resource hog. I uninstalled it due to low FPS but I'm wondering if performance will be markedly better in P3Dv3; off to DL it and find out!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I remember seeing this plane Ad On for the first,  X-plane was my Sim of choice at the time, I watched a froogle review of it and wow what a plane, absolutly stunning.  I was dissapointed to learn it was only for FSX (at that time)   This plane was the deciding factor to move to Fsx/P3D.   A little hard on frames but well worth.  Comes with a HUGE manaul, taken straight from the real thing 

Hope you dont mind me posting this Rob 

He goes into great detail here about manuals and battery capacity and so,  its a real neard out Review, ive watched it severals times.  

"You can get Kurt's tutorial flight for this aircraft at"  http://library.flight1.net/?p=4984

I also have this plane for fsx and it is indeed a resource hog. The depth of the systems is nice but I hate the click spots for the buttons. Now I remember why stopped flying it

I also have this plane for fsx and it is indeed a resource hog. The depth of the systems is nice but I hate the click spots for the buttons. Now I remember why stopped flying it

... i don't see it to be that much resource-hungry. Sure it takes its tall, but works nicely overall. And indeed, it takes a little while to become acquainted with the click-spots, but after one, two flights even that is something to become familiar with.

Overall, the F1 B200 certainly is the best B200 available for FSX and P3D - sure, only my two cents here.

:smile:

Run into another issue ... when selecting the Options (via Add-On Menu) the options don't save (like turning off the FO MFD and other settings).  I have to set them for every session I have with the B200.

I think it's probably time I make an official support ticket.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, I didn't get a chance to check out all of the lighting issues you listed last night as I'd hoped. I do know, however, that the options are retaining state as expected on my installation so it is working in some cases.

Chris

I do know, however, that the options are retaining state as expected on my installation so it is working in some cases.

Hmmm, that's good to know, thank you ... interesting ... are you running P3D V3?  If so, do you also have P3D V2.5 installed?

Cheers, Rob.

I had side-by-side installations of v2.5 and v3 initially but completely uninstalled both and started with a clean v3 installation.

Chris