Sign in to follow this  

F1 KingAir B200 for P3D V3?

Thanks again for info ... helps me move in a diagnostics direction for the saving of options issue.

Cheers, Rob.

This was the only aircraft that I had for FSX that was (in my case, subjectively) quite a resource hog. I uninstalled it due to low FPS but I'm wondering if performance will be markedly better in P3Dv3; off to DL it and find out!

Ah, silly me.  I assumed the update allowed the FSX version to be installed into P3D.  Didn't realize it was a standalone different version, requiring a seperate purcashe.   Based on the performance of the FSX version, I'll have to pass on this one.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I had problems getting the original P3D version of this aircraft installed and working. Never was able to get in a single flight with it.

But, installed the latest in the P3DV3 and spent all of 5 minutes (had to go to work) this morning.

So far so good. Looks great and no OOM, stutters or low FPS. But that was only a cursory 5 minute eval.

Will mess about with it more tonight.

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, AMD Radeon R9 290x, Windows 64-Bit 10 Pro, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

Rob, did you get things worked out? I'm sad to say my initial reports were a little too optimistic. I have no functioning click spots on the 2D panels...and no control over the MFD. I also cannot launch the Stand-alone King Air Options application. I'm going to try one more reinstall.

Edit: Reloaded my "Safe Start" scenario and the all my panels came back to life...still can't get the King Air Options app to run, though.

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

Rob, did you get things worked out?

No sorry, didn't get them resolved.  I've uninstalled B200 for now and will return to it later when/if more information emerges from the F1 forum.

Cheers, Rob.

No news about a compatibility with P3Dv3.1? I want to buy this plane if it is compatible... but the problem with the flight1 forums is that I cannot see issues with this plane as they are invisible to non buyers.

Thanks.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

No news about a compatibility with P3Dv3.1? I want to buy this plane if it is compatible... but the problem with the flight1 forums is that I cannot see issues with this plane as they are invisible to non buyers.

Thanks.

If no one beats me to it, I have it installed and will test it out later today.

Chris

Thanks! Chris now I Will update for 3.1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Be warned, this B200 installs a font file under P3D root ...\fonts (.ttf) that could NOT be removed.  This will cause problems when trying to uninstall/re-install P3D.  It looks like the font B200 installs is missing 2 type definitions (for Win7 supposed to define min 6 types even if not using all the type definitions).

I was able to solve the B200 font install by doing the following:

1.  Boot into SAFE MODE no GUI

2.  Locate the B200 font file, rename it

3.  Re-boot (back into SAFE MODE no GUI again) and the delete the Font file

It would be nice if the developer took a look at this problem, it's pretty significant issue for anyone that wants to uninstall and re-install P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Be warned, this B200 installs a font file under P3D root ...\fonts (.ttf) that could NOT be removed.  This will cause problems when trying to uninstall/re-install P3D.  It looks like the font B200 installs is missing 2 type definitions (for Win7 supposed to define min 6 types even if not using all the type definitions).

I posted this some time back on LM forums - I got rid of it a different way

"Sure you have to dive into the folder and cut them out of the fonts folder then you can delete the folder - then you can delete the fonts from where you put them - I believe 2 would not delete do a reboot to get rid of those - thats it"

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113830&p=117385&hilit=uninstall#p117385

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

Is the Developer of the F1 B200 aware of this problem?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rich,

Is the Developer of the F1 B200 aware of this problem?

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry Rob I did not inform them - I did post yesterday if this bird is 3.1 ready but have not heard back

Rich Sennett

If p3d is installed on a drive other than c, the other thing you can do is force a dismount of the drive via checkdisk. This will close any active system links... Rename/remove files after.