Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

ATC vectoring around significant weather...

Jarkko, I can see how that works well for you, but not all of us fly tubes all the time.

ProATC is designed with a specific segment in mind. It says so on the ProATC's main site:

'So if you prefer "The Big Ones", you are for sure surfing on the right site.'

For example VFR flights are not supported at all at the moment. For the best experience, IFR flight to and from airports that have departure and arrival procedures in place.

At this point it seems that ProATC is focused more on being an ATC ambiance program with Co pilot facilities than a fully featured ATC

Thanks you for the laughs! Haven't blown a drink out of my nose in a while :) I have to say that I disagree.

Thanks for the input!

EDIT: Tell you what, I try to keep an open mind so if you are up for a challenge, can you please do this:

Can you have the co-pilot handle the radio and comms and do a flight with ProATC. Preferably using a real world flight plan from flightaware or eurofpl.eu (for example).

If you still feel that you are using "an ambient generator", please post a log of the flight on the support forum and I'll have a look. If we find something catastrophic, I will include the flight in my beta test schedule.

Edited by Jarkko

Jarkko, try a flight handling the comms yourself without opening the menu and let me know how you get on.

I never mentioned VFR, it's not only the tubes that fly IFR using departure and arrival procedures.

To my way of thinking, if the copilot handles everything then the ATC is just ambience and nothing more.

Regardless, Avsim is not the place to discuss issues with ProATC, if I decide to use the program again and run into issues I will send the relevent logs to your support forum.

Jarkko, try a flight handling the comms yourself without opening the menu and let me know how you get on.

With the current release version, no one can do that due to a confirmed bug in 1.7.x.x.

This is why I'm asking you to try ProATC so that the co-pilot is handling the comms and reading back instructions. This way you could at least get a feel how the program works when you do not hit a confirmed bug along the way.

After the bug fix, you could try again and see how it feels. (the fix will not change the menu structure, but at least you will be able to complete a flight my manually tuning the radios and confirming instructions)

(FWIW It's not my support forum. I'm a volunteer beta tester, that's all)

With the current release version, no one can do that due to a confirmed bug in 1.7.x.x.

So it's basically broken at this point  for anyone who prefers handling the comms on their own.

I will try a flight with the copilot handling the comms to get a better feel for the program but hope this if fixed soon.

I also note that the program provides full ATC services, clearance delivery, ground, tower ect even at airports that do not have all of these in the real world, why does it not know from the data what facilities should be available ?

So it's basically broken at this point  for anyone who prefers handling the comms on their own.

The problem is two fold:

1) A log from you on the support forum helped to find that there is a case where you might end in a Please affirm" loop, if a manually sent transmission gets blocked by AI aircraft transmitting on the same frequency. So until a fix is implemented you should have the co-pilot  tune comms and  read back instructions.

2) The problem you (or another GoFlight user) were having, was that the GoFlight software was sending the same comm frequency to the SimConnect over and over again (in fixed intervals). This for example doesn't happen on my system with MCP Combo II over LINDA. Similar thing has happened with the Aerosoft's Airbus, but Aerosoft implemented a fix for it.

As you and me are already looking at this problem on the official forum, should we continue this discussion there?

I will try a flight with the copilot handling the comms to get a better feel for the program but hope this if fixed soon.

Thanks!