Sign in to follow this  
simbio

Turbulance experience

Last night from Manchester I experience very hard takeoff on P3d V3 where the speedtape of the NGX start getting crazy and I saw literally shifting side effect in the cockpit.

I don't have ezdock or opus installed.

What is the best solution to lower this exaggerated effect?  smoothing in FSUIPC or lowering value with ASN.

What setting should I use in ASN.

Thank's for any imput

If you have Wake turbulence enabled in ASN, disable it.

I always found this setting odd, as it is too strong and persistent.

Might no be the solution to your issue, but worth a try.

• Upvote 1

Can you show the METAR ? It is entirely possible that the effect was not exaggerated..! A serious weather front arrived last night across the North West. Gusting 40+mph at ground level.

I've had something similar happen when taking off or landing at airports with a lot of prerecorded AI (aka "drone") traffic on the PilotEdge network. If it is supposed to be wake turbulence, then it is very unnatural with jerky pitch down and left roll movements. Simbio, is that type of movement what you saw as well?

RockOla, thanks for that suggestion regarding ASN! I'll have to give it a shot tonight.

Chris

•  

If you have Wake turbulence enabled in ASN, disable it.

I always found this setting odd, as it is too strong and persistent.

Might no be the solution to your issue, but worth a try.

I will try same condition with this disable

Thank's

Can you show the METAR ? It is entirely possible that the effect was not exaggerated..! A serious weather front arrived last night across the North West. Gusting 40+mph at ground level.

Yep for sure it was bad but those crazy reaction in VC I think is unnatural even near on arrival to EHAM.

EGCC 081720Z 25014KT 9999 -SHRA FEW006 SCT016 14/13 Q1007 RESHRA RERA NOSIG

TAF

EGCC 081701Z 0818/0924 20015KT 9000 -RA FEW020 BECMG 0818/0821 26012KT 9999 NSW TEMPO 0818/0820 27015G25KT BECMG 0822/0901 20012KT TEMPO 0903/0918 21020G30KT PROB30 TEMPO 0906/0918 21025G40KT 7000 RA

I've had something similar happen when taking off or landing at airports with a lot of prerecorded AI (aka "drone") traffic on the PilotEdge network. If it is supposed to be wake turbulence, then it is very unnatural with jerky pitch down and left roll movements. Simbio, is that type of movement what you saw as well?

RockOla, thanks for that suggestion regarding ASN! I'll have to give it a shot tonight.

Yes but maybe a I will do a video to show better the effect.

RockOla, Thank you again for the suggestion to disable Wake Turbulence in ASN. That cured the unnaturally wild movements I was getting on approach behind drone traffic on PilotEdge.  :Applause:

Chris

The weather in Manchester last night was particularly hazardous, the Met office issued a Severe Weather Warning with winds gusting up to 70 mph. If you had ASN set to 'Live Weather Mode is Active' then you may have experienced this during your departure last night perhaps! 

The weather in Manchester last night was particularly hazardous, the Met office issued a Severe Weather Warning with winds gusting up to 70 mph. If you had ASN set to 'Live Weather Mode is Active' then you may have experienced this during your departure last night perhaps! 

Yes that was the case, you can see on the TAF, but my question is to find a normal balance between setting and as real as it get.

The speedtape going crazy and the aircarft litterally shift on the side and up and down and I don't find really normal.

But that is my opinion and I am not a pilot either.

It really looks like an wake turbulence encounter - wake turbulence is the only feature in ASN I always disable because I don't really find the effects plausibly modelled.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...