Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

Any interest in a Westwind?

True, but I don't think folks necessary buy because it's a twin turboprop, I think their motivated by having a favorite turboprop, kinda like having an old girlfriend, they just never go away. The Turbo Commander is such a classic and I think there are a lot of "older" folks that have fond memory of this plane :wink:

Cheers

Martin

It's interesting that you mention the Diamond. Mark and I were discussing them last night. We have 2 of them where I work so I have free access to them for R&D purposes.

That sounds very promising! I think the MU-300 Diamond is a beautiful looking aircraft! Mitsubishi must have got the basic design of the Diamond right for it to have remained in production for 31 years. I definitely hope to see a Flysimware Diamond!

HAWKER-400.jpg

Hawker-400-by-jet-airlines.jpg

Don't worry about that, only few garrett powered aircraft in the market.... Pt6 sucks! Get force get animous get faith! And go for a 690 Don't worry about! I'm assure you that the turbo commander will be the most sell by flysimware. I promise you that! In Venezuela there a lot a lot a lot of turbo commander,

Thurst me......

RB

I'm not particularly keen on the Westwind but agree with some of the previous posters that

a Falcon 50 would be a game changer (just like your Lear).  :wink:   It's unique and gorgeous,

and is also an extremely capable airplane.

I'd also throw in the Piaggio Avanti as a suggestion as there's no decent FSX model of that

bird out there.   Wilco's is an absolute joke. 

Guest BeaverDriver

I've actually worked on a Westwind and they don't impress me a whole lot, and they are getting pretty hard to find now. Now, we DO see a number of cargo Falcon 10's at our airport pretty frequently, so that would be a hit with me (if there was a cargo option).

Let me throw one other idea out there as well. A King Air B200 with steam gauges. Yes, it's been done, but as someone here pointed out, not with the fidelity (and I would add, engine and flight dynamics) of Flysimware, and the one that's out there now was done quite some time ago. The other one that's out there now is a Blackhawk and really not the same airplane. The B200 is used for air ambulance, cargo, airliner, police, corporate and a number of other missions that I have forgotten. I know some like to see the rarer aircraft, but they are rare for a reason. The B200 by Flysimware would make good business sense from the standpoint of mass market appeal. It almost wouldn't matter what your VA or desires were in FS. Chances are pretty good that the B200 would fit in very nicely.

Just a thought :wink:

Aero Commander 500 Shrike or a 690B both great handling airplanes, Hoover liked them well enough.Just keep the feet together while taxiing, anybody who flew one will know what that means.

Gary Stewart

Few months ago someone was making a IAI Westwind 1124, but the project was abandoned, the aircraft just need to be finished the code, FDE, and some textures of the cockpit and not sure, the autor i think upload the source files so if someone or Flysimware wants to take the projects i think he would agree.

IAI_1124_WIP_2

41507893072_ce4f9b1ff2_b.jpgIAI_1124_WIP

• Like 1

Yes, yes, and YES!!! I would LOVE a Westwind!!! I would definitely purchase!

PS, Daz, that model in your post looks pretty good. I bet it could be polished up nicely.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2015 at 11:01 AM, BrianW said:

If you’re looking for something unique how about a Lockheed JetStar?

http://flightclub.jalopnik.com/own-the-cadillac-of-vintage-business-jets-for-under-1m-1709612891

If you look over at Sim-Outhouse, Jim from FSD has promised to upload/share the source files for the FSD version of the Jetstar that never saw publication. I hope Milton Shupe will take over and push that baby out. (sorry for the gross metaphor) Pretty exciting (the plane, not the baby comment lol)!