Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

More realistic turbulence and airframe effects

Just wondering if there is any way of getting more realistic turbulence and airframe shaking effects when using the PMDG aircraft. If third party addon required please let me know. Running P3Dv3.

Thanks

Isn't EZDOK supposed to induce those visual cues with the the DHM and vibration effects?

I believe AccuFeel induces such effects, based on how you configure it per aircraft.

I am using Active Sky Next with P3D V3 as it replicates the real world weather in the simulation.Gusting wind and turbulence effects appear realistic from my experience, aircraft motion and airspeed fluctuations. I was testing the NGX737 radar function the other night with the weather that went through the midwest this weekend, I was impressed with how everything interacted.Obviously a simulation can not replicate the exact external forces encountered in local condition but it does a close enough representation.

Gary Stewart

OPUS (and its LiveCamera) simulate these brilliantly, particularly as the weather engine interacts with the dynamic head movements.

OPUS (and its LiveCamera) simulate these brilliantly, particularly as the weather engine interacts with the dynamic head movements.

I use the Opus camera (which i love)  but not their weather engine as i prefer ASN.  Unfortunately the two need to be used together to achieve the best effect.  

Thank you for your replies. I bought a copy of Accufeel sometime back but haven't yet used it. Looking to chieve a realistic airframe vibration when taking off and landing and turbulence. If anyone uses this software with PMDG aircraft and willing to share settings, I'd be most grateful.

Regards

Purchased and installed EZdok, and updated to v1.187. However I understand that the program automatically installs default camera views for each aircraft but in my case it didn't create any, despite reinstalling the software several times. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Purchased and installed EZdok, and updated to v1.187. However I understand that the program automatically installs default camera views for each aircraft but in my case it didn't create any, despite reinstalling the software several times. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Depends on the aircraft. There are several good tutorials on setting up Ezdok on youtube. 

Thank you for your replies. I bought a copy of Accufeel sometime back but haven't yet used it. Looking to chieve a realistic airframe vibration when taking off and landing and turbulence. If anyone uses this software with PMDG aircraft and willing to share settings, I'd be most grateful.

Regards

I think EZdok does a very good job especially on turbulence and takeoff roll. The effects are adjustable too.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't know if P3D will work the same way, but the PMDG 737 used to have ugly problems with s-turning as a result of unhappy interactions with FSX' turbulence simulation.  It was eventually solved by turning the turb effects way down...not sure if any fix beyond that was ever implemlented.  Hopefully that old problem won't become new again...  ;-)

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I am using Active Sky Next with P3D V3 as it replicates the real world weather in the simulation.Gusting wind and turbulence effects appear realistic from my experience, aircraft motion and airspeed fluctuations. I was testing the NGX737 radar function the other night with the weather that went through the midwest this weekend, I was impressed with how everything interacted.Obviously a simulation can not replicate the exact external forces encountered in local condition but it does a close enough representation.

I downloaded the latest ASNext and it does not install in P3D v3.  It went an installed in V2 P3D

How did you do it?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I think EZdok does a very good job especially on turbulence and takeoff roll. The effects are adjustable too.

Yes, love the effects of Ezdok

Regarding more realist effects,  isn't there a setting in the ASN settings that gives the turbulence a more realistic to real world effect ?  I think its called Real or Active or Realistic,  something to that effect anyway.  

Nick N pointed out in his latest guide for p3d a very important and missed point.

Start P3d setup with sliders low, and appreciate how increasing graphics reduces flight dynamics such as realistic turbulence.

When I turn up sliders it affects fluidity of turbulence effect in fsx or p3d.

So before getting another addon to eat fps and VAS, turn down those sliders, to see just how much better flight dynamics get.

Its a trade off graphics or flight dynamics. Everytime you move those sliders

Really ?

Is this really true - that as we increase graphics settings noticeable differences arise in the flight dynamics ?

I never, ever, noticed this in any FSX version. This is true about X-Plane 10 though, where bellow 20 fps one get's time "dilatation" and that affects flight dynamics performance, but never noticed such an effect in FSX, or P3D v2.5 ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Its the same CPU processing the Flight Dynamics and Eye Candy, so one goes up other must come down.

Tried this with p3dv3 and smooth realistic turbulence, turned into Yaw mode like turbulence cause the CPU cant handle all the positions of the turbulence so it skips positions during turbulence. 

Do flight in small GA and turbulence with sliders on extreme low and extreme high, difference is right there.

Same CPU. Eye candy or Flight Model the choice is yours.

For better turbulence, also set your NVIDI control panel to Max performance instead of Max Quality.

Max performance for flight dynamics

Max Quality for Eye candy