Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Looking for two programs

At one time, on another computer, I had two utilities that i now can't find. One was a trim program that used the main control, stick or yoke, to center the vertical trim. The other pulled up a diagram of an FSX airport showing the parking spots. I've been unable to locate either. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Henry, That's it. Can you tell me where to download? Thanks.

Fshobby, That's the one, I'll download and try out. Thanks.

I'm not seeing a download link on the github page. Try the AVSIM library, believe that is where I got the copy I was testing.

Henry, thanks. Could only find the FS9 version but not the FSX version. Google could find references but the only place it found a program was in a bit torrent. I know nothing about torrent sites and am a little reluctant to go there and risk a virus or trojan. I'll continue to trim the old fashioned way.

Thanks Bojern. I think that's going to work. Had downloade the other I found only to realize the FS9 version won't work with FSX.

FShobby. I downloaded and installed the program; however, when I build the database of airports, nothing happens. It's like it can't find the FSX airport files. Any suggestions?

Sorry I assumed from the original post that you had used airport chart before and would be familiar with its flakiness.

Suggestions are to try to set compatibility to Win XP or to run as administrator, see this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/286935-airport-chart-gauge-from-holger-maass/

I haven't used it in a long time but on Win7 I did get it to build a database eventually after many attempts. One other problem is that it doesn't follow the scenery ordering in the scenery.cfg file, so if you have addon airports it probably will not put the addons in the database properly.

It's a nice addon, so it's too bad it doesn't work very well on newer versions of Windows.

Barry Friedman

Want to thank both of you for your time. Unfortunately I've been unable to get either program to function with my setup.